• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Bearing our brothers burden

Seth

No one needs money, people need; food/shelter/clothing. So this thread isn't for you to ask for money. But it has come to my attention that I have surpluses that others lack. Likewise others have things I lack. It seems silly for so many to go homeless/jobless/alone. When others have a spare couch, some labor they need done, and fellowship. My thought is we should network our surpluses to others needs, win/win, everyone profits.
So in my case I don't like to work hard, but I have a spare bedroom, and a stocked larder. Perhaps others have some land people can camp on, or a farm that has fields that can be gleaned, or a business that could use a sign waver on the corner, maybe you have extra trailer, or a great deal on sign construction. Whatever your need, or surplus is, post it here, and lets bear one another's burdens.

The freeeconomy movement is based around the idea that skills, services etc can be traded and there would be less/no need to rely on money so much, in that way people do exchange services and give also, it allows people to keep their pride because you are not being given charity (and as we know, it feels so much better to give, than receive) you are exchanging services or skills.

I think this is something that could work even within a small community.

Bels

No one is posting needs or surpluses :( I'm impatient threads been here for at least 12 hours! All right let me give you an example
Needed: Intelligent, financially stable, charitable person in New Mexico. To supply a home for 5 children temporarily.

Back