• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Beautiful You

Ginny

Real Person
Female
In my prayer time lately, God has been showing me some wonderful truths about being a Godly woman. Some of them are specific to plural marriage and some of them are for all women. At first, I thought the following example was only for women currently living in PM. But I saw right away how it applies to ALL women...

One early morning during last weekend's retreat in North Carolina, while I sat praying and meditating, I felt God speak to my heart.

I was having one of those open, honest moments with God about how there are times when I feel like I'm not "good enough" to lead worship with my family. Perhaps I would be "better" if I could play piano like Cheryl and Ann. Maybe I should pray like Cheryl or think more like Ann and then I would feel "good enough".

Yes, I was comparing myself to them. It happens.

But God gently spoke to me by showing me that He needs me to be...well...me. I saw myself in Cheryl's clothes. Clothes that look amazing on her. They bring out the green in her hazel eyes and they flatter her figure and elegant neckline. They did not look good on me at all. I wanted them to but they didn't. Then I had a similar image of me in Ann's clothes. The same blues that highlight her blue eyes and dresses that look good with her small waist and butterfly jewelry looked "off" on me.

God reminded me of David trying to wear Saul's armor just before his encounter with Goliath. David had to be David to do the things God wanted him to do.

Then I understood. It's okay that I don't play piano or pray like Cheryl or garden like Ann. It's not only okay, it's preferred!

I see how women do this all the time. All women. Married or single.

I just wanted to share this and tell you that God doesn't need you to be like other women. Your husband doesn't need a carbon copy of another wife. In order to shine out your true beauty, you need to be authentically you. So that when you face the Goliaths of the world, you will face them with authenticity and personal strength - and the victory will always be God's because you trusted Him to give you the gifts (and clothing) that you needed to win.

When you choose to walk in your truth and beauty without comparing it to the beauty given to other women, you are enough.

I send this out to all women with love.

Last edited:
In my prayer time lately, God has been showing me some wonderful truths about being a Godly woman. Some of them are specific to plural marriage and some of them are for all women. At first, I thought the following example was only for women currently living in PM. But I saw right away how it applies to ALL women...

One early morning during last weekend's retreat in North Carolina, while I sat praying and meditating, I felt God speak to my heart.

I was having one of those open, honest moments with God about how there are times when I feel like I'm not "good enough" to lead worship with my family. Perhaps I would be "better" if I could play piano like Cheryl and Ann. Maybe I should pray like Cheryl or think more like Ann and then I would feel "good enough".

Yes, I was comparing myself to them. It happens.

But God gently spoke to me by showing me that He needs me to be...well...me. I saw myself in Cheryl's clothes. Clothes that look amazing on her. They bring out the green in her hazel eyes and they flatter her figure and elegant neckline. They did not look good on me at all. I wanted them to but they didn't. Then I had a similar image of me in Ann's clothes. The same blues that highlight her blue eyes and dresses that look good with her small waist and butterfly jewelry looked "off" on me.

God reminded me of David trying to wear Saul's armor just before his encounter with Goliath. David had to be David to do the things God wanted him to do.

Then I understood. It's okay that I don't play piano or pray like Cheryl or garden like Ann. It's not only okay, it's preferred!

I see how women do this all the time. All women. Married or single.

I just wanted to share this and tell you that God doesn't need you to be like other women. Your husband doesn't need a carbon copy of another wife. In order to shine out your true beauty, you need to be authentically you. So that when you face the Goliaths of the world, you will face them with authenticity and personal strength - and the victory will always be God's because you trusted Him to give you the gifts (and clothing) that you needed to win.

When you choose to walk in your truth and beauty without comparing it to the beauty given to other women, you are enough.

I send this out to all women with love.
As a new member to this forum, I am uber late in my response lol.
Nonetheless, this beautiful reflection has blessed my heart. sincere thanks and appreciation for sharing it.

Back