• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Being a bride of Christ

Mikki G.

Female
my life has been full of mistake after mistake. I have been raised in the church, hearing the same scripture over and over again. Being told that His word is life and His word brings lightnand life to the world. That part I got without fault. What I can't seem to grasp is becoming the bride of Christ. Though I try to think "What would Christ do?" In certain situations, I often get sidetracked and continue to fall short. How do I become a bride of Christ without having the feeling of fall short?

Mikki.......many of us, actually all have fallen short and will continue to do so. Y'shua does not expect us to be perfect on our own. When you fall short, just as He has forgiven us. You also, need to forgive yourself. When you begin to worry, that's when you should convene with the Father. He wants us to cast our worries, cares, and burdens on Him. I don't believe that one can avoid the feeling but you can rest assure and put your hope in Him. That when you do fall short, He is sure to forgive.

Mikki.......many of us, actually all have fallen short and will continue to do so. Y'shua does not expect us to be perfect on our own. When you fall short, just as He has forgiven us. You also, need to forgive yourself. When you begin to worry, that's when you should convene with the Father. He wants us to cast our worries, cares, and burdens on Him. I don't believe that one can avoid the feeling but you can rest assure and put your hope in Him. That when you do fall short, He is sure to forgive.
Blaming myself is a huge hurdle for me to get over. But I'm working on it

I believe we all have done the same. As they say, take one day at a time. Well sometimes we need to just take one situation at a time. Sometimes we are the hardest judge of ourselves.
Keep working at it and asking for the Most High to comfort and ease your mind.......:)
Thank you

Blaming myself is a huge hurdle for me to get over. But I'm working on it

Mikki, I admire your desire to be all that you should be for your Savior. It is a journey we all should be on daily as followers of Christ.

I was reading your above post about blaming yourself for falling short and a thought came to my mind. What if our blaming ourselves for failure is really a sly way the Enemy gets us to focus on ourselves, thus walking in selfishness? If he can get us to focus more than need be on what a failure we are, and stop getting us to think about how to be better at the very thing we are beating ourselves up about, then he has sabotaged us. It is an easy slide over from there to having us wonder, "Can God really even use me?" There is nothing wrong with us feeling a sense of failure about some aspect in our lives but if it becomes more of an obstacle to moving on with trying better or searching for a better solution, then maybe we are allowing the Enemy to steal precious time from us.

I agree with @julieb. satan often begins to distract me by telling me I’m not good enough.. when actually, I’m not, but God is ;) it’s when I forget God is and think it is by my own doing that satan rejoices. He knows where to hang me up.
I read a good book awhile ago called “I’m not good enough and other lies women tell themselves.” It put things into perspective and was so encouraging.

Mikki, I admire your desire to be all that you should be for your Savior. It is a journey we all should be on daily as followers of Christ.

I was reading your above post about blaming yourself for falling short and a thought came to my mind. What if our blaming ourselves for failure is really a sly way the Enemy gets us to focus on ourselves, thus walking in selfishness? If he can get us to focus more than need be on what a failure we are, and stop getting us to think about how to be better at the very thing we are beating ourselves up about, then he has sabotaged us. It is an easy slide over from there to having us wonder, "Can God really even use me?" There is nothing wrong with us feeling a sense of failure about some aspect in our lives but if it becomes more of an obstacle to moving on with trying better or searching for a better solution, then maybe we are allowing the Enemy to steal precious time from us.
Wow I didn't think about it that way. And that would be a way for the enemy to sabotage my walk with christ. The enemy is the father of lives and he shows up at our front door in a business suit and not our back door with horns and a pitch fork.

I agree with @julieb. satan often begins to distract me by telling me I’m not good enough.. when actually, I’m not, but God is ;) it’s when I forget God is and think it is by my own doing that satan rejoices. He knows where to hang me up.
I read a good book awhile ago called “I’m not good enough and other lies women tell themselves.” It put things into perspective and was so encouraging.
Yeah, I beat myself up constantly. Ever since my first divorce I saw myself as not good enough. And if I'm not good enough for a man why should I think I'm good enough for God. But I also read a book called "the supernatural ways of royalty" and it's an amazing book about how we are all prince and princesses of God. We are made exactly how he wants us to be and he sees us without fault or blimishes.

Oh, the lies we believe about ourselves! Some bring us down and some falsely exalt us. It is a brave woman who is willing to search for the truth and discard the lies, even the ones that have been around way too long and have become so familiar we don't see life without them. Believe me, life is always better with truth!

Oh, the lies we believe about ourselves! Some bring us down and some falsely exalt us. It is a brave woman who is willing to search for the truth and discard the lies, even the ones that have been around way too long and have become so familiar we don't see life without them. Believe me, life is always better with truth!
Boy isn't that the truth

Yeah, I beat myself up constantly. Ever since my first divorce I saw myself as not good enough. And if I'm not good enough for a man why should I think I'm good enough for God. But I also read a book called "the supernatural ways of royalty" and it's an amazing book about how we are all prince and princesses of God. We are made exactly how he wants us to be and he sees us without fault or blimishes.
Amen and praise God for that!!!
It's so hard not to fall into that trap of "I'm not good enough". I just have to remind myself that He died for us and He wants us in His kingdom. It's humbling but at the same time WOW!!! I just try and pray to show that love in my daily life. If I do that and follow in His footsteps, I'm doing what He asks of us and thus, I am enough. ❤️

Back