• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Bible Bar?

Revgill87123

Male
Ok so I have keys to a building for a small church. It's in a bar! lol It is a bar that has been closed for a few years. I want to come up with a slogan some thing like "Now serving living water" or some thing. I am needing another pastor how ever the ones I got in Albuquerque don't want to make the drive. The only person who wants to help pastor out here has done what I think is just wrong. He does civil unions between gays. A few people say I am being too picky as for looking for help pastoring a church. I mean as a pastor shouldn't we be held too a standard? A person who thinks it is ok to go against what the bible says. I think though the church is gonna be in a bar doesn't mean it should have the same morals as one. Am I wrong on this? :?:

Revgill87123 said:
The only person who wants to help pastor out here has done what I think is just wrong. He does civil unions between gays. A few people say I am being too picky as for looking for help pastoring a church. I mean as a pastor shouldn't we be held too a standard? A person who thinks it is ok to go against what the bible says. I think though the church is gonna be in a bar doesn't mean it should have the same morals as one. Am I wrong on this?

NO...You're not wrong !!!!!!!
The Bible is very clear about homosexuality...it is forbidden. Any pastor who is performing marriages or civil unions for homosexuals has compromised his spiritual integrity, IMO. Please don't involve yourself with someone like that. If God wants you to partner up with another pastor, HE will let you know who that person is. God is always faithful. :)
Blessings,
Fairlight

I do not think you are wrong either, Brother. I agree with Fairlight. It is better to bear the burden alone than to partner with someone whose actions are contrary to your endeavor to be faithful to God. Just an aside. Many years ago, when we were doing a remodel on a rental space for church meetings, the city required a lit exit sign. One of our men had a friend that had a Budweiser sign that he traded for a lit exit sign. I often think we should have kept the Budweiser sign and changed the name of the church to "Budweiser Baptist Church". Would have made it easier to draw a crowd. :D

20 minutes of preaching, three hours for communion, designated drivers. Ha!

Actually location probably is not important.

Yeah thanks every one I was sure I wasn't wrong on this one. I just couldn't see fit having this person preach. A few people were telling me I was being too picky about who I was trying to get. I told every one one day I will have a little help. till then it's gonna be me and our Lord! :D

Revgill87123 said:
Yeah thanks every one I was sure I wasn't wrong on this one. I just couldn't see fit having this person preach. A few people were telling me I was being too picky about who I was trying to get. I told every one one day I will have a little help. till then it's gonna be me and our Lord! :D

Huh? Picky is a bad thing? The Bible is just chock full of pickiness. Keep up the good work. You might try staying away from people who tell you not to be picky...at least for a while.

lissa pre-empted my line :D

now rev, go stand in the corner for 15 minutes for having the audacity to even question whether or not you were wrong!

Back