• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Bible Scriptures

love4me

What is your favorite that gets you through the day? or through hard times.

Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
This one has gotten me through many a trial.

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

And this one helps me to stay positive even when everything feels negative.

SweetLissa

It's hard to stop with ONE, Stacie:

I woke up this morning in an absolute terror attack (caffeine withdrawal, but nonetheless ...) At that moment it was 1Jn 4:18, "Perfect love casts out fear", and phooey on you, devil. I went back to sleep.

Today? Although God has provided for me without a standard job for the last 10 years, the devil tried to hit pretty hard again today. Tomorrow, I need to cover 2 sizable checks, and have food money for the week, and ... and don't have enough billable hours to cover it all. Not to worry. Phooey on you again, devil! Matt 6 and 7 remind us that our Father knows what we need, and loves to give to us even better than we do to our children. Ps 37:25 and 26 come to mind, "I've never seen the righteous forsaken, nor their seed begging for bread."

I don't know what the future holds. It is a matter of concern, prayer, and fasting. I've written software for nearly 30 years, and enjoy doing so, but increasingly there seems to be a call on me to pastoral ministry. But it needs clear, clear leading. I have no idea what to DO about it. Stand on a milk crate outside of Walmart and start preaching? Preaching what? That God loves women as much as men, and the proof is found in PM? *grin* Ps 32:8 must be my favorite, "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go."

But, getting through my day? Diabetes can really mess with you after a while. I want healing, really want it. "By His stripes we ARE healed." (Present tense) Is 53:5 gets quoted a lot.

As does Is 49:25, "I will contend with him who contends with you, and I WILL save your children. (Not "might". Not "Will attemp to." Fill in the blanks. There IS evidence that He is at work. Though as regards my prayers for some family members, all I hear in reply is, "This sort goeth not out except by prayer and fasting." Though what precisely needs to go out, and whether it is out of the family member, or out of me as a blessing blocking broken foundation member of my family (husband/father) isn't entirely clear. Perhaps both?

I guess to sum them all up, "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the Lord delivers him out of them ALL." Ps 34:19 With that in mind, they all ain't nuttin' but episodes in my life's soap opera (rated 'E' for Everyone), so Bring On The Popcorn! Let's just sit back and enjoy watching how God fulfills His promise THIS time!

I second Lissa, love4me, and also put Romans 8:28 high on the list.

And when it comes time to 'fess up and repent, there's no doubt that Psalm 51 is my favorite, especially,
"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me [with thy] free spirit.

But if there's a single admonition that helps when things are rough, for me it's probably "Choose life!" from Deuteronomy 30 (the chapter I call "God's Open Book Test):

"I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live...

Mark,

Quoting Psalm 51:10-12 they way you did is like music to my ears. That is a doxology that Lutherans use to sing every Sunday using the red Lutheran Hymnal TLH. We don't sing this anymore, because we have several newer versions of the hymnal. Seeing your posts just brought about a little nostalgia. I'm singing it in my head right now.

Michelle

lutherangirl said:
Mark,

Quoting Psalm 51:10-12 they way you did is like music to my ears. That is a doxology that Lutherans use to sing every Sunday using the red Lutheran Hymnal TLH. We don't sing this anymore, because we have several newer versions of the hymnal. Seeing your posts just brought about a little nostalgia. I'm singing it in my head right now.

Michelle

I can still hear the organ playing and the choir belting it out..... It is a beautiful passage to sing.

At the moment I am meditating on this one.... It is very "deep" when you break it down word meaning for word meaning. 2Peter 1:5-8 -see below

T-C's Rebeka
Born & Raised WELS Lutheran

Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight"

I opened the bible and not knowing many scriptures said "God show me a scripture u think I need" and in the end this is where he led me,

All Bible verses are sources of inspirations but the one that guides me everyday is the text from James 1:5. It denotes that God is always there for us and will never leave us alone. This has been my guiding verse especially when I have to make hard decisions in my life.

Back