• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Bible Study

max_fam

Hello everyone, I would like advise on what would be the best subject to star studying with my wife. we are new to this website but been discussing PM for a good while. A friend of ours recommended this site to us and I have found very good points of view. we try to make time every week to read and study the bible and pray. we don't belong to a religion or a church. Any advise will be appreciate.

Max

Well there is some great stuff in the resources section of the website, but if it's a bit overwhelming then you might want to check out this topic here: http://biblicalfamilies.org/forum/viewt ... =27&t=4367

I was trying to condense a lot of the relevant poly stuff in the bible to an amount that could be gone over in a bible study in one long or two short sittings. Might give you a good starting place.

Max_fam

One study that helped me see how God approved of polygamy is to research on biblical adultery. It is more clear in the OT than the NT but adultery was clearly understood as being a man intimately involved with another man's wife and it was only enforced as such. Use an online Bible program,word search adultery to see when adultery applied. You can start with the Hebrew meaning, as well.

max_fam said:
Hello everyone, I would like advise on what would be the best subject to star studying with my wife. we are new to this website but been discussing PM for a good while. A friend of ours recommended this site to us and I have found very good points of view. we try to make time every week to read and study the bible and pray. we don't belong to a religion or a church. Any advise will be appreciate.

Max

As for Bible study try to make it relevant. There is a lot more in the Bible than just polygamy. The Bible is a road map to Christ and the acceptance of the free gift of salvation that He offers.

Subject of Bible study? What are you struggling with in your life? Pick scriptures that pertain to that subject and study them.

Back