• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Bible verses good to read to someone who will die soon?

If you can read chapters and verses of the Bible to someone who will die soon and cannot talk back to you, what would you suggest?

Assume you do not know if they are saved, and want to assume they are not because it is better safe than sorry.

By the way what kind of sign do you think there would be if such a person got saved. What God help you to know somehow? What should you do if you really want to know?

I recommend the Gospel of John. Start at the beginning and read through, as time permits. Somehow in God's wisdom, we are not given the ability to discern what goes on in a persons soul, between them and God. It is ours to be messengers and let the work rest in Him.

I have been reading the portions of John that seem to be where Jesus explains how to have eternal life, not the whole book, but what I feel are the entire sections for each speech he gives.

If I finish this, is there anything more recommended?

I am so sorry to hear that. It is our confidence that the Lord loves her even more than you can. We must remain hopeful for her and her response to the Lord in her last days, even though she couldn't communicate with people much, her inner person may well have been able to answer God.
Bless you in your loss.

Back