• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Biblical Families in the Philippines unite!

IshChayil

Seasoned Member
Real Person*
Male
Let's have a get together guys?
Anyone else in the Philippines, or even nearby like Malaysia, Hong Kong, etc. there are often super cheap promo fares to the Philippines from those other places.
How about a retreat, Western style?

Fellowship is SOoooo important and I know if you all are like most of us, sometimes having to be secretive can hit hard. It will be so healthy for our families to meet other great families who believe solidly in G-d's word, believe in His son, and know we are living by His light yoke; not the TYRANNY of Monogamy imposed by the world. We'll have music, share stores, build friendships, worship the L-rd and more!
We can have intro biblical Hebrew / Greek lectures if there is interest. Arts and crafts for kids and adults? When all goes well we'll make it maybe even a monthly or semi-monthly thing.
Vision is inter-denominational; we will have unity only and no division over secondary issues!

I play saxophone if anyone plays guitar or keyboard we've already got a band for worship then.
Let's have the first Biblical Families retreat in the Philippines!

Pile on this thread if you are in the Philippines or near by and want to meet up with other Biblical Families.

לֹ֤א לָ֥נוּ יְהוָ֗ה לֹ֫א לָ֥נוּ כִּֽי־לְ֭שִׁמְךָ תֵּ֣ן כָּב֑וֹד עַל־חַ֝סְדְּךָ֗ עַל־אֲמִתֶּֽךָ׃

Psalm 115:1 "Lo lanu Adonai lo lanu ki-l'shimkha teyn kavod al-chasdekha al amitekha!"
Not to us oh our L-rd (THE Name), not to us for your namesake give glory on account of your loving-kindness and your truth!

I hope this will come together. The retreats are amazing.
Me too.
I'm in New Zealand at the moment but am praying to be able to get back to the Philippines again soon.
Well I'm praying too!
Which part of Philippines do you have in mind? We're in Luzon right now, but if we found a big cluster of Biblical Families somewhere else, we'd be willing to move so we could have fellowship.

Me too.

Which part of Philippines do you have in mind? We're in Luzon right now, but if we found a big cluster of Biblical Families somewhere else, we'd be willing to move so we could have fellowship.

Iloilo. However I don't know any others in the Philippines personally - apart from my wife (obviously!) and her home help.

Ah we are in Luzon

Anyone else in the Philippines, or even nearby like Malaysia, Hong Kong, etc. there are often super cheap promo fares to the Philippines from those other places.

Fellowship is SOoooo important and I know if you all are like most of us, sometimes having to be secretive can hit hard. It will be so healthy for our families to meet other great families who believe solidly in G-d's word, believe in His son, and know we are living by His light yoke; not the TYRANNY of Monogamy imposed by the world. We'll have music, share stores, build friendships, worship the L-rd and more!
We can have intro biblical Hebrew / Greek lectures if there is interest. Arts and crafts for kids and adults? When all goes well we'll make it maybe even a monthly or semi-monthly thing.
Vision is inter-denominational; we will have unity only and no division over secondary issues!

I play saxophone if anyone plays guitar or keyboard we've already got a band for worship then.

Pile on this thread if you are in the Philippines or near by and want to meet up with other Biblical Families.

לֹ֤א לָ֥נוּ יְהוָ֗ה לֹ֫א לָ֥נוּ כִּֽי־לְ֭שִׁמְךָ תֵּ֣ן כָּב֑וֹד עַל־חַ֝סְדְּךָ֗ עַל־אֲמִתֶּֽךָ׃

Psalm 115:1 "Lo lanu Adonai lo lanu ki-l'shimkha teyn kavod al-chasdekha al amitekha!"
Not to us oh our L-rd (THE Name), not to us for your namesake give glory on account of your loving-kindness and your truth!

Hello, i am Cebu regularly. My wife is not on board with plural family. So I am

I am in Cebu. Play the trumpet. Would love to meet but my significant other hates plural...

Hi Frank!
We can pray for your sig. other that G-d will touch her heart to be obedient to His design. We can also discuss strategies how to get her on board.
You want to PM me your cell phone and we can text or is it unsafe?
Cool you play trumpet man! Have you ever blown a shofar?
Every once in a while I'm at an event where someone presumptuously hands me a shofar assuming I'll be good at it;
I always wish I had trumpet lips instead of saxophone lips in those moments. It's hit and miss; sometimes sounds awesome, sometimes no sound haha.

sometimes it takes awhile. My 2nd wife I had to wear her down. When I first told her years ago I had vision to have tons of children and wanted that to be my ministry to raise up godly people in the world and to have wives for this task; she wrote me off haha. Years later she decided to discuss with me; so we debated back and forth. She knows the word very well so I was able to make my arguments on that.
I don't know your denomination; for us it was a bit easier I think since we are torah keepers; I think it's easier to make the PM argument for those in that culture. It would have been better if I knew about BiblicalFamilies.org back then because of their scripture index.
Have you seen it for making the arguments?
Took about a month for her to see the light. Again, it helps if the lady is fully in the word and also if she is accustomed to questioning things not just accepting a denominational "because the preacher says so" or "it's always been that way" attitude.
Be encouraged! I was in a similar boat with you brother and she came around!

Also my first wife was against it at first and came around, obviously :)
You gotta dig deep and see if G-d has really put this in your heart; if so then it's worth fighting for to reclaim what the culture of what I like to call the "Tyranny of Monogamy" has stolen from us.
Remember:
Philippians 4:13 πάντα ἰσχύω ἐν τῷ ἐνδυναμοῦντί με.
"All I can accomplish ALL in HIM Who strengthens me!"

sometimes it takes awhile. My 2nd wife I had to wear her down. When I first told her years ago I had vision to have tons of children and wanted that to be my ministry to raise up godly people in the world and to have wives for this task; she wrote me off haha. Years later she decided to discuss with me; so we debated back and forth. She knows the word very well so I was able to make my arguments on that.
I don't know your denomination; for us it was a bit easier I think since we are torah keepers; I think it's easier to make the PM argument for those in that culture. It would have been better if I knew about BiblicalFamilies.org back then because of their scripture index.
Have you seen it for making the arguments?
Took about a month for her to see the light. Again, it helps if the lady is fully in the word and also if she is accustomed to questioning things not just accepting a denominational "because the preacher says so" or "it's always been that way" attitude.
Be encouraged! I was in a similar boat with you brother and she came around!

Also my first wife was against it at first and came around, obviously :)
You gotta dig deep and see if G-d has really put this in your heart; if so then it's worth fighting for to reclaim what the culture of what I like to call the "Tyranny of Monogamy" has stolen from us.
Remember:
Philippians 4:13 πάντα ἰσχύω ἐν τῷ ἐνδυναμοῦντί με.
"All I can accomplish ALL in HIM Who strengthens me!"
Be careful though not to fall in the man trap of it being all logic and reason... probably her fear is of loosing you, which ironically is part of the beauty of PM is that she doesn't need to loose you when your interest broadens; it's G-d's mercy mechanism too for keeping families together instead of destroying the culture as men seek to branch out as we are created to be like lions.

Hola, sounds like we have is a strong need for a good base camp lady..
There are exceptions to this I am about to say, and not everyone wants His higher calling for a more complex life. But...

I believe, is also a cultural thing, part fear of loosing control perhaps, loosing relevance, dominion etc.
From what I have seen, many Latinas and oriental ladies are culturally taught to be "queen bee" and eventually rule the house, is an expected role in those societies.. So, another lady to them is seen a competition and "ruling" interference, in her "turf". I think, they feel an ownership of sorts, like property.
I know, this mindset is not very Christ like, is just how people are raised, cultural norms that are not questioned.. I have seen it, lived it, in the Latin side of things, seen good friends struggle with he same programing's from traditions.. It goes back to pagan Greco Roman traditions of romantics and superficial things like that that are so engrained.

(Now, if you are a liar and deceive your lady is totally socially acceptable to their societies, even encouraged by many as a hero.) is strange how that works..

If you break it down to Christ and his relationship with us, is way simpler. Can we be jealous of him loving others and others having a place in his heart? NO.. If we do, we need to do some soul searching and troubleshoot why we see it that way.. There is a stumbling block in out heart we must find to clean.
Does he love us and give his life for us? Yes.. So, why the insecurity?
Our creator can be jealous of us because we belong to him and he gives his life for us. As part of the body, we must love and support each other, like a real team, not compete to be the prettiest, favorite angel in the family.

We all are supposed to have different roles to be a better, more complete body, a higher calling.
Many people prefer to just tell the their mates what they want to hear for a season so they can get what comfort they need or want. Some people are comfortable being deceived and don't think they can have more out of life for the sake of relationship and companionship. Eventually it has a price, miserable relationships and feeling trapped in a bad deal, a snare. I have seen it.. I have been here in some ways.. Anyways, just some thoughts.. This life is too short to add this kind of stress.

One day I hope to visit the Philippines. The guys who can sustain time there and other places are blessed. I have to go back to my hamster wheel now.. Figuring out how to move it.. lol

By default.. Don't trust the preacher.. He is usually part of the unholy church and state alliance and doesn't even know it... The deceivers are themselves deceived. Always remember, church + state minions killed Christ. Why trust them? They think they are ok and doing the right thing.. Has not changed in millennia..

I hope all of you based in the Philippines are safe after the attack in Malawi City. I am sure things feel very unsettled right now. Prayers for protection.

Back