• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Biblical Families TV?

The Duke Of Marshall

Real Person
Male
Hey everyone. There was a small bit of discussion on another thread about maybe doing a video webcast: Biblical Families TV if you will. This would be composed of various teachings including common arguments, family support/uplifting, current news, hopefully some interviews (if possible), and much more. The format would be streaming live over the internet most of the time and then posted for on demand viewing. We would also have the ability to stream content/video sent in by members as well. So if someone has the talent for creating cartoons or computer animation we could broadcast it. I would also have the ability to produce good quality DVDs as well of the different broadcasts.

Just wanted to get everyone's opinions/input on the idea. Is this something you think would be beneficial? Is it something you would use/view?

I don't know if this would be of use to you but I was a newspaper reporter for four years and am pretty good at writing in a newsy format. If its an ability you can use in any of these projects I'd be happy to donate it.

I used to have a show on justin.tv we talked about polygyny quite a bit had some awsome guest. We also had preaching, Christian artist, and like all kinds of stuff. We lost our tech guy and we couldn't figure it out. So we ended that and started doing a radio show. Now I am looking for a new co-host for that, cause my co-host is thinking he'd rather go back to his old ways to magical crap. I can shoot video for a show if some one knows how to edit. I have an HD video camera so the video would come in clear. I would rather be doing a TV show honestly any ways. What are you thinking of doing? When would this start? The big question I guess is, would this be like a reality show or like religious or just like a variety of TV shows?

I would be interested in a video webcast and would make use of it. Would this video and archives only be accessible from the BF website or would you get a youtube channel or something similar? I don't know much about filming or editing but if you don't care about really high quality, what I've done for a few home videos is just use our digital video recorder and then edit some on the Windows Movie Maker (which I think everyone who has Windows has, not sure). I know there's better ways to do it, but just to get started maybe something like that is an option?

A Youtube channel would be your best bet. You could get the most watchers fairly quickly if marketed right (You can do a lot of marketing online for free if you know how)
You would of course get a lot of hate, but that's typical, and isn't a reason to not try.

I've done some video editing, and know quite a bit about audio/video codecs (compression and conversion).
I'd be willing to help out with what I could, and learn more of what I don't know.

Honestly you don't want anything to "professional" looking anymore. People are more interested in quick "real-life" videos. Informational tidbits about subjects as compared to 20-30min shows (It's been proven that most attention spans don't last over 10min, that's why Youtube put a cap on how long videos can be).

Justin.tv had a deal where we could stream 24hours a day. It was hard work keepin up with every thing, but hey it was fun! :D

Wow! I'm both encouraged and surprised at the response that I've gotten. I'll start looKing into getting this going and let everyone know something in a week or two. Remind me if you don't hear anything.

I probably wasn't specific enough in my first post. I actually have all the equipment. I have the camera(not HD, but good quality), lights, software, bandwidth, storage, etc. I just wanted to see if this would be something people would be interested in or not. If someone wanted to send me news stories every week that would be great. Then I could do a short news report.

The avenue would be from our own site instead of YouTube just because it would be SOOO much quicker and easier. Just one button to do it all instead of the long drawn out restricted process you have to go through with YouTube. But we'd still have the YouTube option like always if we wanted to do that additionally as well.

Mark C said:
Can we do audio only podcasts in the same way from the site, Todd?

We could link to them if they were hosted somewhere else. I'm really not sure if our server could handle the storage or bandwidth at the moment. Doc's doing the radio stuff though.

I'm already in the process of setting up a site myself anyway, and have started doing a number of live radio shows again (those are still mostly on economics and Constitutional issues, but the podcasts I am preparing will be from a far more Biblical than secular bent). Many of those will deal with patriarchy, of course.

I'm still working out the hosting issues, however. And since I'm far more familiar with radio, I hadn't really given any thought to video. (Other than just simply using a webcam, about which I admittedly am not sure I see much 'value-add' ;)
...I suspect the prep effort goes up dramatically.)

I HAD certainly planned on not only "not hiding" the marriage aspects of Bible teaching, but realize that the 'whole Truth' must ultimately be central to that work. One cannot begin to "know" His character, I contend, without coming to the realization that EVERY relationship that He describes in His Word is of the "one-to-many" type, just as EVERY relationship in a polygynous man's Covenant house must ALSO be one-on-one ("echad").

Blessings,
Mark

I was wondering if we could do a live stream of the retreats? At least the service and worship. It would be nice to still see our friends and fellowship even if we cannot make it to that location.

zephyr said:
I don't know if this would be of use to you but I was a newspaper reporter for four years and am pretty good at writing in a newsy format. If its an ability you can use in any of these projects I'd be happy to donate it.

I was a newspaper reporter too before having children and staying home full-time. Just curious, where did you work??? I really hope to use my print journalism experience to help build the Kingdom at some point...especially once I'm not so busy raising children. Do you do any writing currently?

I was thinking of filming the retreat,lol. Funny you said some thing about streaming. I have an HD video Camera. I am not very savy when it comes to editing though. I am lucky to know how to use my comp,lol. I am from the old school. If it don't work just hit it till it does,lol! :lol: I mean really though if no one minds I would like to film the retreat and have a friend of mine edit it too make copies for the BF community so maybe people who can't go can get a video too see what it's like.

seekHim1 said:
zephyr said:

I was a newspaper reporter too before having children and staying home full-time. Just curious, where did you work??? I really hope to use my print journalism experience to help build the Kingdom at some point...especially once I'm not so busy raising children. Do you do any writing currently?

I wrote for my hometown paper, it was a little twice weekly paper that has since gone back to weekly. I got to write some neat stories though and ended up doing a tiny amount of freelancing for regional youth sports tournaments. One of my stories got written into the State Department's records by the Maltese ambassador which was bizarre but cool. I really liked the job and kick myself to this day for leaving it, but I thought I could make more money in real estate and I did for awhile. I don't currently do an writing anywhere although I probably need to find an outlet I still feel likes its my strongest talent and I need to using it somehow. How about you? What paper did you work for?

I can shoot video for a show if some one knows how to edit.
I have done editing for TV and Internet viewing. Not just cut & paste but transitions, audio, the works. Just haven't done any animation work. PM if I can help.

Dave

I am a former DJ. I have digital editing skills as well as sound mixing, copy writing and editing, news and much more... I also write custom commercials..

Let me know if I can assist!

Back