• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Biblical Headship unabridged

Wesley said:
One thing that I have pointed out many times in the past is that the word "submit", as used in the New Testament, is a verb not a noun. It is something that a woman does not something that is done to her.

A good patriarch leads by example not by brutality. There is no command that requires a husband to enforce the submission of a wife and there are several commands that prohibit him from doing so.

Agreed. My pastor is very fond of saying that if husbands follow the commands and instructions that they have been given, to love their wives as Christ loved the church etc, then the submission won't be a problem, it will follow naturally.

UntoldGlory said:
Agreed. My pastor is very fond of saying that if husbands follow the commands and instructions that they have been given, to love their wives as Christ loved the church etc, then the submission won't be a problem, it will follow naturally.

Provided she is a Christian that is true. I learned the hard way about non-Christian and false Christian women. They do exist and Paul warns us not to marry them. (2 Corinthians 6:14-15)

Back