• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Biblical methods for how to get women to willingly like you?

Since it is not legal to kidnap a woman and force her to marry you (if you are a "European American" Christian in the U.S. (exceptions are made for Asian Americans and Muslims)) and it is likewise illegal to buy her from her parents who will force her to marry you (unless you are Muslim or Asian)

Unless you get a "mail-order bride" who is willing to consent to marry someone before meeting you. You generally have to "date" or "court" in order to get married or risk being thrown in jail if you are a European American.

There are plenty of websites with dating advice, but few of them seem to quote Bible verses frequently and those which do (that I have seen) blatantly misquote them or leave a feeling in me that they are misquoting Bible verses.

NOT using examples such as so and so and so and so (Jacob and 4 wives, Moses and 2 wives, Isaac and Rebekah, etc.) but rather using guidelines plainly stated (such as proverbs, commands, etc.)

Is there any Biblical dating advice. (I do not like to use the term dating but I will to oversimplify)

I am not talking about what is allowed and what if forbidden. But more about what works to get married according to scripture without breaking U.S. laws or putting down a large down-payment after years of hard lonely labor.

Like Biblical dating advice. Which maybe an oxymoron. Without stating examples of people who dated in the Bible is dating even Biblical? If so how can a man succeed in dating according to the Bible?

18 “There are three things that are too amazing for me,
four that I do not understand:
19 the way of an eagle in the sky,
the way of a snake on a rock,
the way of a ship on the high seas,
and the way of a man with a maiden.
Proverbs 30:18-19 NIV 1984

The way of the man with a maiden is one of the four that are not understood by "me." I hope the "me" does not mean everyone but someone specific so that I have hope to understand.

Re: Biblical methods for how to get women to willingly like

Best Opening Lines Ever Written:

1. Since it is not legal to kidnap a woman and force her to marry you...and it is likewise illegal to buy her from her parents. Biblical methods for how to get women, DTT.

2. Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way. Anna Karenina, Leo Tolstoy.

3. It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen.

4. Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything truly wrong, he was arrested. The Trial, Franz Kafka.

5. It was a pleasure to burn. Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury.

Seriously DTT, well before discussing kidnapping or purchase, I suggest you start by being friends with the person, without any plans for marriage; and see where it leads. And if it leads to just friendship, that is just fine. Friends are good to have around. And one day you might find a friend who will consider marriage.

ylop

DTT, I know you're asking the question sincerely, but have you ever thought about how your opening line actually sounds to people, especially women?

If it were legal to kidnap or force a woman to marry you, would you actually want to do that? If not, then why in the world start the question like that?

Sometimes, I think you're a wily genius who just likes messing with people's minds :lol:

Katie

To DTT ladies are like what billionaires are to ransom note writers- :lol: Don't people make lots of money online selling snake oil that fills the need expressed in the title of this thread :lol:

Hint to DTT: Polygamy is attractive to some women cause chicks can smell desperation- poly men who are succesful are also secure and confident, or at least fake it really well. ;)

1.Find an attractive prisoner of war, bring her home, shave her head, trim her nails, and give her new clothes. Then she’s yours. – (Deuteronomy 21:11-13)
2.Find a prostitute and marry her. – (Hosea 1:1-3)
3.Find a man with seven daughters, and impress him by watering his flock.- Moses (Exodus 2:16-21)
4.Purchase a piece of property, and get a woman as part of the deal. – Boaz (Ruth 4:5-10)
5.Go to a party and hide. When the women come out to dance, grab one and carry her off to be your wife. – Benjaminites (Judges 21:19-25)
6.Have God create a wife for you while you sleep.-Adam (Genesis 2:19-24)
7.Agree to work seven years in exchange for a woman’s hand in marriage. Get tricked into marrying the wrong woman. Then work another seven years for the woman you wanted to marry in the first place. – Jacob (Genesis 29:15-30)
8.Cut 200 foreskins off of your future father-in-law’s enemies and get his daughter for a wife -David (I Samuel 18:27)
9.Even if no one is out there, just wander around a bit and you’ll definitely find someone. -Cain (Genesis 4:16-17)
10.Become the emperor of a huge nation and hold a beauty contest. – Xerxes or Ahasuerus (Esther 2:3-4)
11.When you see someone you like, go home and tell your parents, “I have seen a … woman; now get her for me.” If your parents question your decision, simply say, “Get her for me. She’s the one for me.” – Samson (Judges 14:1-3)
12.Kill any husband and take his wife. -David (2 Samuel 11)
13.Wait for your brother to die. Take his widow. -Onana and Boaz (Deuteronomy or Leviticus, example in Ruth)
14.Don’t be so picky. Make up for quality with quantity. – Solomon (1 Kings 11:1-3)

I like # 7. Time has a way...! A little work never hurt anyone.

DiscussingTheTopic said:
Since it is not legal to kidnap a woman and force her to marry you (if you are a "European American" Christian in the U.S. (exceptions are made for Asian Americans and Muslims)) and it is likewise illegal to buy her from her parents who will force her to marry you (unless you are Muslim or Asian)

Unless you get a "mail-order bride" who is willing to consent to marry someone before meeting you. You generally have to "date" or "court" in order to get married or risk being thrown in jail if you are a European American.

Unfortunately, if I was a B.F. newbie checking out this site......comments like these would really make me question the overall validity of this site. :(

Blessings,
Fairlight

This spot was intentionally left blank of additional sentences because it can not be deleted and it would be repetitive to explain why "not kidnapping" is mentioned thrice when Jim already explained it once.

itainteasy said:
Hint to DTT: Polygamy is attractive to some women cause chicks can smell desperation- poly men who are succesful are also secure and confident, or at least fake it really well. ;)

He therefore that went before (VAIN-CONFIDENCE by name), not seeing the way before him, fell into a deep pit,

"For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed." Isaiah 9:16

which was on purpose there made by the prince of those grounds, to catch vain-glorious fools withal, and was dashed in pieces with his fall.

http://www.covenantofgrace.com/pilgrims ... f_life.htm

Fairlight said:
DiscussingTheTopic said:

Unfortunately, if I was a B.F. newbie checking out this site......comments like these would really make me question the overall validity of this site. :(

Blessings,
Fairlight

sola scriptura said:
DTT, I know you're asking the question sincerely, but have you ever thought about how your opening line actually sounds to people, especially women?

If it were legal to kidnap or force a woman to marry you, would you actually want to do that? If not, then why in the world start the question like that?

Sometimes, I think you're a wily genius who just likes messing with people's minds :lol:

Katie

Jim said:
1.Find an attractive prisoner of war, bring her home, shave her head, trim her nails, and give her new clothes. Then she’s yours. – (Deuteronomy 21:11-13)
2.Find a prostitute and marry her. – (Hosea 1:1-3)
3.Find a man with seven daughters, and impress him by watering his flock.- Moses (Exodus 2:16-21)
4.Purchase a piece of property, and get a woman as part of the deal. – Boaz (Ruth 4:5-10)
5.Go to a party and hide. When the women come out to dance, grab one and carry her off to be your wife. – Benjaminites (Judges 21:19-25)
6.Have God create a wife for you while you sleep.-Adam (Genesis 2:19-24)
7.Agree to work seven years in exchange for a woman’s hand in marriage. Get tricked into marrying the wrong woman. Then work another seven years for the woman you wanted to marry in the first place. – Jacob (Genesis 29:15-30)
8.Cut 200 foreskins off of your future father-in-law’s enemies and get his daughter for a wife -David (I Samuel 18:27)
9.Even if no one is out there, just wander around a bit and you’ll definitely find someone. -Cain (Genesis 4:16-17)
10.Become the emperor of a huge nation and hold a beauty contest. – Xerxes or Ahasuerus (Esther 2:3-4)
11.When you see someone you like, go home and tell your parents, “I have seen a … woman; now get her for me.” If your parents question your decision, simply say, “Get her for me. She’s the one for me.” – Samson (Judges 14:1-3)
12.Kill any husband and take his wife. -David (2 Samuel 11)
13.Wait for your brother to die. Take his widow. -Onana and Boaz (Deuteronomy or Leviticus, example in Ruth)
14.Don’t be so picky. Make up for quality with quantity. – Solomon (1 Kings 11:1-3)

This (answers like Jim's answer) is why I mentioned the words "willingly" and not "kidnapping"

This is exactly the kind of answer I was not looking for (this time)

dtt,
go watch Field of Dreams.
the key phrase is "If you build it, they will come"

then go build yourself into a patriarch. sooner or later, they will come. you have plenty of time before they come, but you will never complete the task of becoming a patriarch. just keep working on it and enjoy the journey. :)

any focus at all on "where are they" or "why...." just indicates how much longer the road is going to be. sorry

That is a good answer Steve. :)

B

steve said:
dtt,
go watch Field of Dreams.
the key phrase is "If you build it, they will come"

then go build yourself into a patriarch. sooner or later, they will come. you have plenty of time before they come, but you will never complete the task of becoming a patriarch. just keep working on it and enjoy the journey. :)

any focus at all on "where are they" or "why...." just indicates how much longer the road is going to be. sorry
I agree, good answer Steve! I regret offending anyone with my previous post, just adding a little humor. I can remove it if it's a problem.

Please leave it...I loved it... :D

1. A. How do you "build yourself into a Patriarch"

1.B.

Word Origin & History

patriarch
late 12c., from O.Fr. patriarche "one of the Old Testament fathers" (11c.), from L.L. patriarcha (Tertullian), from Gk. patriarches "chief or head of a family," from patria "family, clan," from pater "father" + archein "to rule." Also used as an honorific title of certain bishops in the early Church, notably those of Antioch, Alexandria, and Rome.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/patriarch

Pater = Father

So you are saying I have to get some woman or women pregnant in order to get married instead of saying I should get married before I get a woman or women pregnant? Because I have to become a Patriarch (Father) before I get married.

1.C. If you mean self-improvement be more specific

2.A. Is dating Biblicaly permitted
2.B. If dating is Biblically permitted what are the Biblical guidelines for getting someone to date you (if any exist?)
2.C. If dating is Biblically permitted and someone agrees to date you regularly is there a Biblical guidelines to how to get it to lead to marriage and to know if it should lead to marriage?

a patriarch cares deeply for others and walks a clean, G-dly life irregardless of what others think of him.

a patriarch does not go "woman hunting", he just makes himself ready (and that includes financialy being able to care for her/them if they cannot work). YHWH will bring them as He wills.

dating is stupid if you have not gotten your own bills paid off.
it is also stupid if you are not established in your career.

my name is steve and i have dated stupidly ;)

Discussing the Topic wrote,
1. A. How do you "build yourself into a Patriarch"
It is very simple, be a man, a man of God, a man that is responsible for his own actions, a man that loves the Lord above all else. A man that can be satisfied with only the Lord if it is necessary. I gather from reading your posts, my friend that you have not yet had much experience in the real world, get some and be a man of God in doing it and you will find the strength of character developing in you that will enable women to come to you for strength and support, rather than you seeking them.

John Whitten said:
It is very simple, be a man, a man of God, a man that is responsible for his own actions, a man that loves the Lord above all else. A man that can be satisfied with only the Lord if it is necessary. I gather from reading your posts, my friend that you have not yet had much experience in the real world, get some and be a man of God in doing it and you will find the strength of character developing in you that will enable women to come to you for strength and support, rather than you seeking them.

AMEN !!!!!!!!!

Back