• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Bizarre situation, prayers for protection

FollowingHim

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
This is so ridiculous it would be hilarious were it not so serious... Actually, since I'm quite confident that YHWH will protect us through it I am actually seeing the funny side and chuckling as I write this, but we would certainly appreciate prayer right now!

I have an old university friend who is clinically insane, manic depressive & bipolar. In reality, she's possessed by a legion of demons. She's been up and down with this for over a decade, in and out of mental institutions. She had a severe episode recently and ended up in a psychiatric facility near where we live.

Her current delusion is that:
  • Our six children are actually hers. She is particularly infatuated with our second-youngest child, who is one, and she thinks looks just like her own son (he actually looks completely different...)
  • Supposedly she is my first wife, who I married at university, making Sarah my second wife (or 4300th wife, to quote her)
  • Sarah is stealing "her" children and keeping her from seeing them
And, we've just learnt today that she is being allowed out of hospital, so we have no idea where she is right now, but she was messaging us on Facebook earlier today wanting to see the children but not me... She knows where we live as she stayed with us for a few days several months ago.

So, I just installed a lock on our front door today (it never had one before, never needed it, we live in the country...). We have just finished praying around the house for protection.

Prayers for the protection of our children, and for her to be delivered from her demons, would both be appreciated.

What makes this particularly amusing is the fact that when polygamy happened to come up in conversation with her once in the past she thought it was absolutely terrible, and tried very hard to persuade Sarah that she'd never be able to cope with it... Clearly she's been pondering the idea enough for it to be entwined into her delusional view of reality by now though. For me, I much prefer the idea of a real, sane additional wife to having an insane woman thinking she's my other wife, but I suppose I should take it as a compliment... o_O

You and your family are in my prayers.

Wow!
Yes, prayers from my family to yours.

Update: Spoken again to the hospital, and she has less freedom than the hospital indicated yesterday. She is not locked up, and is allowed out, but only "supervised" (to what extent I am unsure), and has not yet attempted to run away. From what I can gather, she'd be able to get away if she tried to, but the situation is less serious than it sounded yesterday. I have asked to be alerted should she ever be given more freedom than this, and can only hope that the hospital will actually do that - but from previous experience with that hospital I have very little faith in them...

Unfortunately this means I'm unable to be able to give any further update than that for a long time, we'll be largely in the dark about it unless I rang them every day for updates, which isn't really appropriate. It will all work out ok, these things always do, with prayer. I'm not worried about it, just taking the necessary precautions.

Your prayers are all much appreciated.

This lady has now run away from the hospital, nobody knows where she is. The hospital rang us to inform us. The hospital is only an hour from our place by car, so it is quite feasible that she could turn up here. Please continue to pray.

Ditto! Glad y'all are out from under that uncertainty.

This is so ridiculous it would be hilarious were it not so serious... Actually, since I'm quite confident that YHWH will protect us through it I am actually seeing the funny side and chuckling as I write this, but we would certainly appreciate prayer right now!

I have an old university friend who is clinically insane, manic depressive & bipolar. In reality, she's possessed by a legion of demons. She's been up and down with this for over a decade, in and out of mental institutions. She had a severe episode recently and ended up in a psychiatric facility near where we live.

Her current delusion is that:
  • Our six children are actually hers. She is particularly infatuated with our second-youngest child, who is one, and she thinks looks just like her own son (he actually looks completely different...)
  • Supposedly she is my first wife, who I married at university, making Sarah my second wife (or 4300th wife, to quote her)
  • Sarah is stealing "her" children and keeping her from seeing them
And, we've just learnt today that she is being allowed out of hospital, so we have no idea where she is right now, but she was messaging us on Facebook earlier today wanting to see the children but not me... She knows where we live as she stayed with us for a few days several months ago.

So, I just installed a lock on our front door today (it never had one before, never needed it, we live in the country...). We have just finished praying around the house for protection.

Prayers for the protection of our children, and for her to be delivered from her demons, would both be appreciated.

What makes this particularly amusing is the fact that when polygamy happened to come up in conversation with her once in the past she thought it was absolutely terrible, and tried very hard to persuade Sarah that she'd never be able to cope with it... Clearly she's been pondering the idea enough for it to be entwined into her delusional view of reality by now though. For me, I much prefer the idea of a real, sane additional wife to having an insane woman thinking she's my other wife, but I suppose I should take it as a compliment... o_O
Praying here too. She sounds like trouble

Back