• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Blog and Polygyny Survey Project

southernphotini

Female
Partially to keep busy and useful, partially to offer resources that I personally am looking for, and partially to satisfy my own curiosity, I have started a polygyny blog project.

As Leah and Rachel: Polygyny Through The Eyes of Women

And I created a survey for women. I know some of the questions might raise eyebrows but you don't know if you don't ask, and my experience with these kinds of surveys is more info is usually better. It's a bit long, but all the open-ended questions are optional.

The idea is to share the info and responses on the blog that are interesting/useful. Make the raw data available to anyone upon request since it won't contain any identifying info.

I'm hoping to learn from this and hopefully offer something good and useful to other women.

Would appreciate feedback on the survey and blog. I'm trying to keep it fairly neutral but everyone has their biases, and I can always use constructive correction. :)

I think it looks great! I like the detail and nuance in the survey. Sure beats a male-written one I remember recently around here.😆 I do hope you will get many responses in time.
I think women have a different perspective and I found Patricia Dixon’s book fascinating.

I hope I get some encouraging, informative and hopefully uplifting responses to share.

I am interested in reading it based on your review.👍🏼
You will be shaking your head and clucking your tongue through the whole section on Muslim polygamy. I asked a Muslim friend about it and he said she had it spot on. Doesn’t go well in Islam because the first wife is usually caught by surprise.

I just finished your survey! I know the responses will trickle in but be patient. I hope you will find some useful things for yourself at the end of it all.

I just finished your survey! I know the responses will trickle in but be patient. I hope you will find some useful things for yourself at the end of it all.
Thank you. I’m intentionally not responding myself right now. I might one day but the point isn’t to share my own thoughts but to give a safe platform for the voices of others.

I do wish the questions addressed firs wives that are still looking for their sister-wife. But otherwise I thought is is very well thought out.
Good point. What questions would you be interested in the answers to in that situation?

I already have 9 responses. I didn't expect that many that fast! Especially since I'm not out promoting it anywhere on social media.

Back