• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Building a religion in kids and culture

The Revolting Man

Staff member
Real Person
Male
This is a different episode of a podcast I’ve posted before and it’s one we should all listen to. This guest is talking about how to build a religious community that will replicate itself and that children won’t be converted out of.

Religion set apart from culture is doomed to fail. I will concede that this is one thing the Muslims get right when Islam is designed and intended to be pervasive in every aspect of their lives. They even have five prayer times every day to make them mindful of their religion while they're at work.

Frankly, the leftists do the same thing. They are always about their politics and it pervades their day in how they travel, who their friends are, what they wear, what ideas they tolerate, what they eat, and etc.

In an ironic way as much as the leftists say they hate religious fundamentalism their practices are in fact an expression of a very rigid and theocratic fundamentalism albeit with their Almighty State taking the place of God.

Religion set apart from culture is doomed to fail. I will concede that this is one thing the Muslims get right when Islam is designed and intended to be pervasive in every aspect of their lives. They even have five prayer times every day to make them mindful of their religion while they're at work.

Frankly, the leftists do the same thing. They are always about their politics and it pervades their day in how they travel, who their friends are, what they wear, what ideas they tolerate, what they eat, and etc.

In an ironic way as much as the leftists say they hate religious fundamentalism their practices are in fact an expression of a very rigid and theocratic fundamentalism albeit with their Almighty State taking the place of God.
So leftists are having unconventional religion which most people don't recogniza as religion.

So leftists are having unconventional religion which most people don't recogniza as religion.
I think one reason leftists don't won't their religion recognized as religion is because other people don't want to live under "foreign" religion openly discriminating which would stop them in implementation of their political program.

I should point out that this guy isn't inventing a new religion, he's wanting to reinvigorate Christianity for the modern world. Interestingly, he's very pro technology and pro science. He's pretty new to the journey into Christianity so I'll be interested to see where he's at in 10 years on some of this stuff.

Back