• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Can polygamy be legalized?

I agree that polygamy is unlikely to be legalised democratically, at least in the USA (it may be elsewhere but it would still be very difficult in most Western countries). However you're far more likely to see it legalised through court action.

Think about abortion for a moment. Nobody would have seen it becoming legal democratically in the USA. However Roe v Wade established it as legal with basically no restrictions, and now you've got some of the most permissive abortion law in the world. That law has caused society to come to accept abortion, and now it is impossible to get Roe v Wade overturned democratically. In practice, democracy can't make a change in either direction on this issue. Democracy is toothless.

The "sister-wives" court case could be very interesting.

Islam is the single greatest threat to a Christian Nation. Islam promotes polygamy, denies the deity of Jesus, and persecutes all you appose Allah and his prophet.

Convincing the world that a Poly relationship is biblically founded is going to difficult in the shadow of Islam. But it may very well be legalized as domestic unions (homosexuality) have been. It is sad to see us being categorized in the same groups of Muslims & sexual deviants (I refer you to Romans 1:18-32)

We are on the verge of our great nation coming to an end. But be of good cheer, He that is in me and my family, is stronger than he that is controling this nation. This nation needs our famlies to survive, but biblical families do not need this nation. What we need as families, is firm spirital leadership. Founded on the finished work of Jesus. As for me and my wife, we are here if God needs us to be availble, for as it is written; "For Seven women will take hold of one man....(Isaiah 4:1a).

Once this nation is done, then we can rebuild (God willing) on a foundation of Biblical Families.

ybic,
Mike

Roe v. Wade, "did not legalize abortion" go and read the Dicission of the Supreme Court. This is the same with Polygyny, it is not illegal until there's a STATE contract broken. The STATE statutes, codes, ordianances, do not apply to You, unless there's a contract, somewhere. Read US code Title 42. sec. 1983, and USC Title 18. sec 241, 242, if the codes ordinances, and statutes applied to You, You would not be able to file a suit against the system and collect damages for they're actions which violated Your rights not to be subjected to those fake laws.

Jay

Jay: Roe v Wade effectively legalises abortion in the USA, as it sets a precedent that determines how the courts will interpret how your constitution applies to abortion. So even if abortion is made illegal in a state, the court will decide that the constitution says that it must be legal, so the law against it cannot be enforced.

The references you give to law back up how this works - these references state that if either a law or an individual violates your constitutional rights, those rights will be upheld by the court. They say nothing about an individual contract being required, on the contrary they hold up the highest law you have, the constitution. They state that the law applies unless it breaches the constitution, in which case it cannot be enforced.

This is how polygamy could potentially be legalised across the USA - if the "sister-wives" court case is successful, the court may determine that criminalisation of polygamy is against the constitution. This would result in no anti-polygamy legislation being enforceable, and essentially legalise polygamy across the country.

None of these cases or laws apply to those of us outside the USA. However similar principles apply. The court decides how the law is interpreted, so if a high-ranking court decides that the correct interpretation of existing law is that polygamy is acceptable, then polygamy will be effectively (if not technically) legal in that country. This is far more likely to my mind in most Western countries than legalisation through democratic means.

FollowingHim, You have properly said, for the most pert, however, the highest law, is the "Law of Nature and Nature's God" as defined by "The Maxims Of Law". see Bouvior's Maxims Of Law, 1856, if You can read French, if You can't read French, google "Anthony's Maxiums Of Law" or, just type in Maxims Of Law. The Maxims Of Law will stand as law in any civilized court in the world, when properly argued.

Jay

It is My standing, that there is no real reason why Polygyny should, or should not, be legalized, considering that so called government, only has a say in Your life under certain conditions. The trick is to stay away from those conditions. There is a difference of night and day, as to what is legal, and what is lawful. You are taught from the time You are born, things to make You a good slave to the Global system "Satan's system", You are trained to follow.
The public Fool system is set up for this purpose. The modern 501 (c) (3) Pagan temples is set up for the same effect. If You study Religion. Law, and Medicine, and History, You will discover that everything taught in these systems, is exactly backwards to the truth, "Deception". I wouldn't worry about having 2 women, unless I had made a contract with the Satanic System, known as a marriage license, then I would be in Satan's snare. The problem is in the people's mind, they create their own problems by their actions, which they're programed by the System, to do. I watch the people waste their energy and resources trying to conform to the Satanic System, rather than try to find out how everything is really supposed to work. My question to all of You, is, Why do You ask the Satanic System for anything? Why not study to show Yourself approved by the Creator? The Creator laid everything out for His people to follow, He didn't make any mistakes, His people DID. Look up the definition of "Polygyny" and "Polygamy"

Jay

Back