• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Canadian polygamists prosecuted

I'm just glad it's the 21st century and we can look at it in color. Imagine it's 1980 and have to type this out in ASCII... :p

For you younger viewers, see, back in the day..... :D

It does get me wondering, though, whether Biblical Polygyny could be argued in reframed terms of Committed Polyamory in order to broach the subject in a way that is already far more culturally acceptable without inviting the immediate hostility that polygamy usually faces. One may then be able to demonstrate that the anti-Polygyny sentiment is no longer consistent with relationship diversity in modern society, etc.

I mean, sure, I gag at the very thought of using their own arguments, even to use against them, but if it is the language they understand...

I think this is a great idea. I've brought it up before though and the response was tepid at best.

Progressives do not understand contradiction or irony....

Prog fan?

Sweet!

It's a bit odd. It's not entirely clear that only the biblical polygamists are the "bad guys" in the mind of whoever wrote it. For instance, notice a few examples in the main bulk of the mess like: "As your Dom, I've arranged this gang-bang for you. Have fun!" and "No, seriously, we're a poly / mono couple. My wife just doesn't know". I can't see any author writing those as "good" examples. It's just a complete mess of everything the author could possibly think of.
I just meant that all this bizarre, kinky stuff is going on and nobody in society is seeking to ban it, illegailze it, or look at you as oddly if you walked up to them with three women and introduced them as sister wives.

My sw Christie early on taught me to say that I was either a single mom living with the family or else that I was Steve's mistress. Either one is acceptable to society.

But if I say I'm his 2nd wife they'd call the police. /-:

My sw Christie early on taught me to say that I was either a single mom living with the family or else that I was Steve's mistress. Either one is acceptable to society.

Weird, huh?

That is so sad. They'd call the police if they realized he was committed to being a good husband to you instead of just using you for some side fun. That is just sick and backwards.

In other words,our society applauds you if you mess around,but condemns you if you are committed and responsible.For the life of me,I cant figure this out.

In other words,our society applauds you if you mess around,but condemns you if you are committed and responsible.For the life of me,I cant figure this out.

Sounds to me it's just like we are told in the Bible; evil being called good and good being called evil. And now there are many who call themselves Christians accepting same sex marriage while rejecting Yahweh's standard for marriage, so among Christians the biblical standard is evil. A case in point: I was talking with one of the men of the church here yesterday and he told me his wife won't attend with him because he won't accept homosexual marriage, but I'd probably get kicked out if they knew I have another wife! But hey, it's gunna get a whole lot worse before it gets any better. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

Back