• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Catholics are Protestants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earth_is-

Male
Matthew 7:2
The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged.

There are Catholics that are judging Protestants by calling them heretics and protestants.

The Word is showing me that Christians are the lost sheep of Israel. The Word is showing me that we must repent - and be grafted into the House of Jacob (Israel) - through the Messiah. The Word is showing me that the covenant is only with the House of Israel:

Luke 1:33
"He (Christ) will reign over the house of Jacob (Israel) forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.”

The final book - the Book of Revelation - "New Jerusalem" has 12 gates. For the 12 tribes of Jacob (Israel). It has 12 foundations - for the 12 Apostles (Judah/Benjamin). There is "zero" mention of Christian priests or pastors.

If we go to the prophets that deal with end times prophecy - once again - it only deals with Israel and Judah. Including prophecies that clearly have not been fulfilled yet.

Paul calls us "former gentiles" when we get grafted in through the Messiah. Since the House of Jacob has been divorced - only through the Messiah - the Son of Elohim - can his people come back to the Father in Heaven. This is why the Son said "I've only come for the lost sheep of Israel." Only a remnant will be saved - a very narrow road that few find. However, from that remnant - Yahuah will greatly bless and make fruitful his people.

The majority of the house of Israel have become gentiles due to the amount of time they've been in exile. You send your children to college - just 4 years - and they start talking and acting different. Now imagine 800 years in exile for the 10 lost tribes - which scripture says their numbers are like the sand on the seashore. Paul confirmed these lost sheep were in ROME when he wrote his letters in the 1st century.

The Messiah also says, "No man can come to the Father except through me." Paul says we gentiles get grafted into the "Olive Tree" which is an old testament reference for the "Commonwealth of Israel" - through the Messiah.

Many Protestants have one foot in with the Father in Heaven - but one foot in with the traditions of men.

Catholics have half a foot in with the Father in Heaven - but a foot and a half with Greco/Roman Law, and pagan traditions.

So the irony is that on Judgemnet Day - the Catholics that accused protestants of being protestants/heretics - may very well be accused of being even bigger Protestants/heretics by the Word made flesh -- Yahushua -- KING Jesus Christ.

Matthew 7:2
The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged.

Last edited:
Catholic are apostate along with most of modern Christianity. In the early days of the Protestant reformation there were plenty that had good doctrine and plenty that did not. Get a 1560 or 1599 Geneva Bible and read the notes within it. For the most part its very sound doctrine you rarely will hear today.

I don't understand what your title means. If you're saying catholics are heretics - fine, most people here will agree with you. But you seem to be confused as to what the word "protestant" means.
Not the church's meaning - but the actual meaning. Protesting (objecting) against the commandments of the Most High by doing violence to his law/instructions:

Ezekiel 22:26
Her priests have done violence to my law (Torah) and have profaned my holy things. They have made no distinction between the holy and the common, neither have they taught the difference between the unclean and the clean, and they have disregarded my Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them.

Matthew 5:20
For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

What were the Pharisees guilty of? They were guilty of doing violence to his Law/Instructions. They added and took away from his law/instructions. Today - almost all of Christianity is adding and taking away from his commandments. They are even changing the definitions of his Words - for example - adultery and divorce.

So there is some irony when it comes to the Catholics - the one's calling an entire group of Christians - Protestants (which they are), and the irony is that the Catholics are actually the bigger "protestants (objectors)." Because they are protesting (objecting) against even more of the commandments of the Most High than the Protestants (church) are in Christianity. For example, idol worship, repetitious prayer, prayers to the dead, graven images, queen of heaven worship, and such things that the Protestants (church) aren't usually involved in.

Last edited:
Atheist, Agnostic, Buddhist, Mormon, Muslim, Protestant, Roman Catholic, and every other belief system is a broad road to eternal condemnation. The only exception is for those who are in Christ; united with Him in His death, burial, and resurrection, according to the Scriptures. There are only two classes of people in this world; those saved by grace through faith in Him, and those not saved - and it doesn't matter what religious system a person who is not saved is in; he or she is still dead in tresspasses and sins. There is no alternative. The question is not, are you a Catholic or a Protestant, or whatever religion, but are you alive in Christ? Don't be anti Protestant or anti Catholic, be pro salvation by faith in Christ alone because there is no salvation from sin in religious denominations.

Jesus Himself said, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, He shall live" (John 11:25).

He said, " I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6).

Preach life; preach Christ! Call all those who are trusting in their religion to faith in Him that they might be saved from eternal condemnation.

Not the church's meaning - but the actual meaning. Protesting (objecting) against the commandments of the Most High by doing violence to his law/instructions
You've just made up a different meaning, and called it the "actual" meaning. I could equally say that "Protestant" actually means someone who protests against the price of bananas. If words are so flexible that they can mean whatever you want them to mean, then they become pointless and discourse is impossible.

If words are so flexible that they can mean whatever you want them to mean, then they become pointless and discourse is impossible.

“When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.’

’The question is,’ said Alice, ‘whether you can make words mean so many different things.’

’The question is,’ said Humpty Dumpty, ‘which is to be master — that’s all.”

― Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

And, sometimes, I can't but think, it's about "WHO is to be Master, that is all..."

Not the church's meaning - but the actual meaning. Protesting (objecting) against the commandments of the Most High by doing violence to his law/instructions:

Ezekiel 22:26
Her priests have done violence to my law (Torah) and have profaned my holy things. They have made no distinction between the holy and the common, neither have they taught the difference between the unclean and the clean, and they have disregarded my Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them.

Matthew 5:20
For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

What were the Pharisees guilty of? They were guilty of doing violence to his Law/Instructions. They added and took away from his law/instructions. Today - almost all of Christianity is adding and taking away from his commandments. They are even changing the definitions of his Words - for example - adultery and divorce.

So there is some irony when it comes to the Catholics - the one's calling an entire group of Christians - Protestants (which they are), and the irony is that the Catholics are actually the bigger "protestants (objectors)." Because they are protesting (objecting) against even more of the commandments of the Most High than the Protestants (church) are in Christianity. For example, idol worship, repetitious prayer, prayers to the dead, graven images, queen of heaven worship, and such things that the Protestants (church) aren't usually involved in.
Your point is, however, IMHO, a generally good one. But the RCC has consistently referred (for about half a millennium, anyway) to the denomination break-offs from the 'Universal' church as Protesting catholics. And they fact that, as they say openly in their writings, the Protesters respect THEIR changed 'times and seasons,' and keep their sunday "sabbath" instead of Scripture, and their "appointed times" instead of His, is their proof text. (See John Cardinal Gibbons, for one prominent example.)

I like to point out that Martin Luther didn't 'make a 180' (a true 'return' to Him) - just a course correction on the same path.

Your point is, however, IMHO, a generally good one. But the RCC has consistently referred (for about half a millennium, anyway) to the denomination break-offs from the 'Universal' church as Protesting catholics. And they fact that, as they say openly in their writings, the Protesters respect THEIR changed 'times and seasons,' and keep their sunday "sabbath" instead of Scripture, and their "appointed times" instead of His, is their proof text. (See John Cardinal Gibbons, for one prominent example.)

I like to point out that Martin Luther didn't 'make a 180' (a true 'return' to Him) - just a course correction on the same path.
If we sit down and examine the evidence - with a shared fear of YAH as our foundation - does the catholic church not have a legitimate claim over her daughters - the protestant church? The protestant church can not say they're sola scriptura, but then keep the mother church's holidays (holy days), like easter and christmas. Or her sungod day sabbath. None of these things are found in Scripture. "But he knows my heart." In Jeremiah it says the heart is wicked. If that's the excuse for breaking His commandments - then how can they judge the roman catholics for bowing down to statues? They'd only be bringing judgement upon themselves.

Therefore, the name "protesting catholics" is accurate. They've kept the identity of the mother church. If the protestants don't like a commandment from the Heavenly Father - they do violence to it just like her mother does. Polygyny is a perfect example. If Yahushua is the Word made flesh - the Torah made flesh - are they not doing violence to the Messiah they claim to love? "If you love me keep my commandments." Or "I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Proverbs 7:2
Keep my commands and you will live; guard my teachings as the apple of your eye.

Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of Yahuah, and the faith in Yahushua (Jesus Christ).

Keeping and guarding is much different than adding and taking away.

The roman catholic church - aka the mother church - is the queen of adding and taking away from the Word. Her protesting (objecting) of the commandments of Yahuah makes the adding/taking away the pharisees were doing pale in comparison. She is the Mother of Protestantism. When the mother faces judgement - and she's going down kicking and screaming - don't you think she's going to try and bring down as many people with her as possible? She will try to make a claim over her daughters that respected and kept the commandments she created. So why have anything to do with her? Come out of her.

The problem with Roman Catholicism is that they are a polytheistic religion modeled on Roman paganism in which there is a ruling god (Jupiter) who is then assisted by legions of lesser gods and demigods who each have specific assigned duties. The Roman paganism is then reflected in Roman Catholicism which replaces demigods with so-called patron saints.

The heresies of Roman Catholicism do not end there but this much distinguishes the religion as pagan.

This one strayed too close to Torah debate. It didn’t cross over the line but that may just be because it stomped on the line so much that it was obscured.

For general edification purposes the offending thoughts were the claim that Catholics are heretics, Protestants are allegedly no different than Catholics and both are damned because they change God’s commandments.

While the OP doesn’t explicitly make any direct statements that everyone should be keeping his definition of Torah (which almost certainly ignores vast swaths of what is traditionally labeled Torah); his implications are unavoidable. Here are some excerpts.

The protestant church can not say they're sola scriptura, but then keep the mother church's holidays (holy days), like easter and christmas.

Or her sungod day sabbath.

If the protestants don't like a commandment from the Heavenly Father - they do violence to it just like her mother does.

Her protesting (objecting) of the commandments of Yahuah makes the adding/taking away the pharisees were doing pale in comparison.

Because the claim hasn’t been explicitly made I’m not deleting the post but I am locking it and yes @Mark C, I did get a little tingle up my leg by doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back