• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Childbirth and Yeshua

FollowingHim2

Women's Ministry
Staff member
Real Person
Female
I had an interesting conversation today with some friends. It revolved around how what Yeshua went through parallels childbirth. I'm going to take it a little further now than what we did today, feel free to add your thoughts to this too.

When pregnant there's a lot of nesting going on. We are preparing for our baby to arrive. We clean the house, we bring out baby clothes, we may even decorate the nursery etc.
Isn't this what Yeshua did? He spent the time before His death preaching, cleaning people. He cleansed the temple by throwing out the people selling stuff.

When we get close to the end of pregnancy, we start freaking out. It's really common and I will admit that I have done it with all my children. There's moments of thinking that there's no way that we can go through labour again. We don't want to. We don't want to push a baby out. We don't want to go through all that pain.
Matthew 26: 38-39. Then He said to them, "My soul is very sorrowful, even to death; remain here, and watch with me." And going a little further He fell on His knees and prayed, saying, "My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will."
There are times that I have prayed that I would end up with a c-section. "Lord, let there be something wrong so I don't have to go through labour or pushing out a baby, I can just have a c-section, but everyone will be fine and healthy." But then, "Lord not as I will, but as you will."
I don't really want the c-section. I know the consequences, I know the risks, I know it only means the pain is delayed. But still in a moment of anguish I will ask.

Then comes labour. It's hard, but I feel YHWH with me. Sometimes I hear Him too. There are some very interesting stories I can tell about that. Then right at the end I can't hear or feel Him anymore. It's just before the end, maybe for the last hour. You see, the contractions get super intense and take all my focus. I can think of nothing else but moving and getting through the next one. A bomb could go off in my backyard and I would have no idea. I have tried to pray in this time, but I hear nothing.
Matthew 27: 46. And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" that is, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
At the hardest moment it feels like God is not there. It feels like He's forsaken me.

The child is born. New life enters the world. And with the new life, love. Oh you thought you loved your baby when it was inside you, you would've done anything for that wee one, but now it's out the feelings are overwhelming. Is there a word stronger than love? If there was, that would be what we feel, right?
Jesus through His death, brought life. It was His incredible love, a love that we can't truly grasp, that brought us life. He would do anything for us, He would die for us.
When we look down at the child in our arms we see how much it was all worth it. Every contraction, every moment of pain, every single ache in pregnancy. How much more does Yeshua look at us and say, "It was worth it. YOU were worth it."

John 14: 2-4 "In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and take you to myself, that where I am you may be also."

Beautiful! And very well explained.
I can relate, and have felt like a wimp at times. I dreaded labor with my now six year old, until I finally went into labor with her several weeks late. Even less than four months ago with this last baby I was just wishing it was over before she came. But I look at her now and it really does seem like a small price to pay, I sure wish the cost and work seemed as insignificant while you are going through it!! ....but maybe the pain and sacrifice help us value them, and helps us bond.

I think that the innocence, and total dependency of babies makes them irrisistable. They need us so much.

It's late here and I'm tired. I'll stop rambling now. Loved the post! Thanks for sharing That.:)

Lol, Jolene! I thought if anyone was going to say they've never been fearful going into labour it would be you! It's nice to know that you've felt all that too, I think it's just a part of the process.

Back