• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Christ Centered Poly Friendly Chruches/ PeopleWhere are you

Ephraim's D

Real Person
Where are there Christ centered poly-friendly churches or groups of people? We are willing to travel to visit too.

I don't want to sound like a broken record or anything, but we have been called to begin a church that is spirit-filled, poly-friendly, and teaches the whole bible. It is actually a denomination and eventually there will be churches planted all over the world. We have been working out the details since December and our first actual meeting was January 10. We are having a big gathering on February 10, which is a Wednesday. The Sunday meetings are in Joshua TX. We hope to be in Ft. Worth soon, but right now we are meeting in a home.

We have approximately 5 different families that are in the area and we have had people drive from other parts of the state to join us. It is all very exciting.

SweetLissa

That sounds Awesome Lissa!

My heart & prayerful support goes out to your family for this new adventure, of full heartily following God's will in building His Church, for All of His family - both poly & mono! :D Sure wish we lived in Texas, I would surely make every effort to be a part of this new church family. Go forth in His Might, Power, Love & a Sound Mind. Being a blessing of support, & offering His Wisdom & Knowledge on the path that Yeshua has placed you all on.

FOR HIS GLORY,
F.S.

We have one in New Mexico in the Heights of ABQ. We are polyfriendly but not poly only. There are about 6poly families that are there. We have about 90 people total! We are looking for a rooted church to move into. We may have found one but it's going to need a lot of work but hey it's a building and a lot of us are hard workers!

sweetlissa said:
I don't want to sound like a broken record or anything, but we have been called to begin a church that is spirit-filled, poly-friendly, and teaches the whole bible. It is actually a denomination and eventually there will be churches planted all over the world. We have been working out the details since December and our first actual meeting was January 10. We are having a big gathering on February 10, which is a Wednesday. The Sunday meetings are in Joshua TX. We hope to be in Ft. Worth soon, but right now we are meeting in a home.

We have approximately 5 different families that are in the area and we have had people drive from other parts of the state to join us. It is all very exciting.

SweetLissa

If hubby and I were any where close we'd be there. We currently attend a Baptist church and though we love it, would certainly be "gung-ho' for a poly friendly church

Just wanted to throw out there for everyone also that we have various homegroups all over the country. There's one in Orlando, one in Missouri, I'm trying to get one going here in Asheville, NC if the snow storms would ever give us a break. Check out our main website http://www.biblicalfamilies.org for more information or email us at Staff@biblicalfamilies.org . I'm sure more people will respond after this post as well.

If you see a homegroup near you then feel free to attend or start your own homegroup. That's one of the best ways to grow the Biblical Families family and fellowship with one another. In fact, yesterday a bunch of us just got together yesterday for a super bowl party and fellowship.

Haha you too?lol We had a party for church members! We rented a conference room at the Holiday in and watched it! We had a great time!

The Duke Of Marshall said:
Just wanted to throw out there for everyone also that we have various homegroups all over the country. There's one in Orlando, one in Missouri, I'm trying to get one going here in Asheville, NC if the snow storms would ever give us a break. Check out our main website http://www.biblicalfamilies.org for more information or email us at Staff@biblicalfamilies.org . I'm sure more people will respond after this post as well.

If you see a homegroup near you then feel free to attend or start your own homegroup. That's one of the best ways to grow the Biblical Families family and fellowship with one another. In fact, yesterday a bunch of us just got together yesterday for a super bowl party and fellowship.

Revgill87123 said:
Haha you too?lol We had a party for church members! We rented a conference room at the Holiday in and watched it! We had a great time!

Yeah it was great! Good people, good food, good fellowship, & a good game.

And a wonderful time was had....

Ten adults and 14 children met tonight to have food, fellowhsip, worship and to share God's word. What a wonderful time we had! Seekhim1 and her family hosted the meeting. Stephanie and Elisha were there. Christaboveall and her flock were there (bearing cookies, challah bread, corn bread and breadsticks) We had spaghetti and chili and salad and shared in the Lord's supper.

It was a late night and a great time. Thanks to all who came.

SweetLissa

Bummer - too bad we live so far away! :( Sounds as though the Lord was present and moving through your gathered family worship and time of reflection & study. Texas the great state, with an Awesome God fearing/Christ Centered & Loving new home church family, filled with lovely families from "Biblical Families." :) May it grow and go where God wants it too, being a blessing to it's family members, the community and His Kingdom!

Hey maybe if you all feel it would be a worthy and doable project, it would be a blessing to see any study/topic notes that your home church may be discussing or studying at any given time with the rest of us. It'd be cool for all of the biblical families represented here, to maybe be able to "all be on the same page," with which then we could possibly spring board our own studies for those of us who don't live in Texas. Kind of like being united in Christ, in study & theory even if we all can't worship together in the same home/church. ;) Excuse me as my brain is in over drive again this morning, but whats new? :lol: You can lovingly tell me to hush up. Take care all & God's Best!

Warm Wishes,
F.S. ;)

This is something we plan to implement via the website. We just need to get it up there.

SweetLissa

Oh Cool Beans!!! :p

That would be such an Awesome Blessing to so many! Didn't mean to sound like "a bossy know it all or anything," my brain just seems to run on over-load/high gear most of the time. :lol: :roll: I for one cannot wait to be able to join in your fellowship in this manner, once you guys have the time, resources & energy to get it up and running. If I lived near ya all and had knowledge in this area, I'd do my best to be of help, and not just flap my jaws all the time! :p Take care guys and Keep on Keepin on with Yeshua, family & friends.

F.S. :)

Actually, we are working toward being able to post MP3 copies of the lessons, but we have to catch up with technology first. We are not web designers and so the learning curve is pretty slow.

SweetLissa

Re: Christ Centered Poly Friendly Chruches/ PeopleWhere are

If someone wants to meet, and preach actively, I'm in PA.

Nothing secretive, or illegal, but all open, legal, true and un-prosecutable.

Would like to know if there is anyone in Mississippi or if there isn't maybe we can arrange with Nearby Families to start one?

sweetlissa said:

SweetLissa

That sounds very promising. I personally think the only way PM is going to be accepted in the Christian world is if a new denomination rises up and leads by example, and when other Christians see the fruit of a spirit filled PM friendly church, then the doctrine of PM will begin to catch on.

Although I am unable to attend your church as I am outside your geographical area, your church and its leadership are certainly in my thoughts and prayers.

moses,
i fully expect polygyny to be a grass roots movement, free from all of the organizational crud.

it will not be as easy for newcomers as it would be to enter an institution (denomination), but it will yield stronger members.
and those members (directed by no one but the Lord) will be scattered throughout the present various theological structures like an underground organization. (until, of course, they get the left boot of fellowship. but they will have tampered with the beliefs of others before getting "sent out")

I agree with Steve on that one. Denominations that practice polygamy tend to preach it as necessary to salvation, whereas simple Christians who practice polygamy feel "called" to it, and realize that not everyone is, nor is it necessary to our salvation.

On another note, the Bible teaches that in end-times Christians will be forced into hiding, to avoid persecution/harassment by the unbelievers of the world. Have you noticed how that is already beginning to happen? And I feel it even more acutely now that I am seeing just how widespread plural marriage is, despite how well most practicing families keep it secret. :shock:

Our family is in the Columbus Ohio area and are searching for a place to worship If anyone knows of anything let us know. We will be willing to host in our home in a few months if someone is willing to teach

sweetlissa said:

SweetLissa

I see you are planning to "teach the whole Bible". That is very interesting. Obviously, different people look at things a little bit differently. I am what you might call a "Torah Observant Messianic Jew". Basically, I fully believe both Testaments, and to the best of my ability keep the "Old Testament" Laws as well as everything else. Does this line up with your concept, or is it a little different?

Back