• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Christian aid worker life in danger in the Philippines

Have you reached out to ACLJ?

He's been preaching to the people in the jail, has a bible study going and is using google translate to help with that. This is a post he made a week or so ago.
Dong bai and I did bible today, he is Korean. my Bible learners
are Mohammed, Steven, Kenny, Shen Gie ,
Rami, Mickey and Dong Bai. they are from Trinidad, Korea, China , Malaysia, and Eygpt

He's using money that people have donated to be able to buy food. The food isn't great, and it's not big portions, but it's something.
He is quite unwell with significant pain and issues with his liver and gallbladder. A bunch of people spammed the embassy, ringing them often. They actually started getting some answers from people there saying that they knew about the situation and were going to do something about it. David never heard from them, but he did suddenly get to see a doctor and get taken for an ultrasound.
At this point in time he is wanting to self deport and not fight the charges. He is too unwell and needs serious medical help. Apparently it can take a while before they let you do this, 1-2 years. I don't understand why, I guess they're making money off the guys in prison paying stupid money for a handful of rice and a fish head for lunch.
Some days he seems well and he will chat online and is very pragmatic about everything. And other days he is in a lot of pain and very despondent.

At this point in time he is wanting to self deport and not fight the charges. He is too unwell and needs serious medical help. Apparently it can take a while before they let you do this, 1-2 years. I don't understand why,
Because they want bribes, that's why. It's the only way to get out apparently.

There is a guy there that was rightly convicted of importing drugs into the Philippines. He's Korean. He was sentenced to 30 years, and he served his full 30 years. Then after that they sent him to this jail to have him deported. He's been waiting in this jail for over a year. You'd think they'd just chuck him on a plane and be done with him. He served his time.

Back