• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Church can be painful for singles

southernphotini

Female
Some days, like today, I skip church simply because it’s painful to be surrounded by happy families.

Even more painful is when happily married church ladies try to set you up with the weird dude who has no social skills simply because he’s single.

It’s a weird dynamic to be surrounded by good men who take care of their families and yet be pushed at broken men as your only option.

Would encourage you to stay in church if you can. The church is not perfect and has many flawed people. They're generally wrong on this issue of marriage. However, God may give you a nugget from his word that you needed today. We also need the fellowship and encouragement from other Christians in other ways.

I understand fully. High guailitie ladies are rare and I myself have had multiple times people try to push broken ladies on me. They try to force them on me without actually thinking of the ramifications. My standards are high and I will not compromise my self. I can tell your standards are high to. Do not sacrifice your standards

Would encourage you to stay in church if you can. The church is not perfect and has many flawed people. They're generally wrong on this issue of marriage. However, God may give you a nugget from his word that you needed today. We also need the fellowship and encouragement from other Christians in other ways.
I agree. There are times when stepping away makes sense and other times where we receive just what we needed to in that moment.

There are times when we need to leave a church. But we as Christians were meant to be around other Christians. Early Christians met in homes together in the book of Acts. It's so important for us to be around other Christians.

If you're interested in polygyny, you'll most likely have to explore those options outside of the church though. I am not aware of any mainstream denominations that support plural marriage. Are there any?

It’s a weird dynamic to be surrounded by good men who take care of their families and yet be pushed at broken men as your only option.
Sadly, in a broken church in a broken world that's the status quo. It's why He says, "come out of her, MY people..."

I am not aware of any mainstream denominations that support plural marriage. Are there any?
By definition (of the waste-stream itself) - No.

And besides, their corporate 501c(3) master would straighten 'em right out.

Back