• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

City vs Homestead

Unless the Lord builds the house
Unless the Lord builds and upholds the nation
And to address teh ambiguity of what it actually means for us, "Lord builds house," I imagine two identical men (twins) who build two identical houses next to each other. One twin was told to build a house, and he obeys. The other was not told to build a house for whatever reason, maybe there is an existing unoccupied house, on a farm, which he doesn't really like (and he doesn't like farming), and he was told to occupy that house and get a head start on the cultivation. So when he does the exact same thing his brother does, it is not out of obedience.
Same quality houses, same sizes, same year built, same amount of work put into each one. But the hours of labor by one brother are in vain.

Urban life has it's benefits. But right now it is just so exhausting being surrounded by all the fear and darkness.
Stay'n salty... I hope.

Urban life has it's benefits. But right now it is just so exhausting being surrounded by all the fear and darkness.
Stay'n salty... I hope.

It is ironic that we live in the country and are absolutely able to defend ourselves yet for the most part we don't need to. Meanwhile the people who live in most cities need to defend themselves for the most part yet are not allowed to, thus they live in fear and darkness.

It is ironic that we live in the country and are absolutely able to defend ourselves yet for the most part we don't need to. Meanwhile the people who live in most cities need to defend themselves for the most part yet are not allowed to, thus they live in fear and darkness.
Good point... an image and a prayer request
1. dominoes falling
2. the Body's urban presence

Stay'n salty... I hope.
Depends on the city. Especially depends on whether the city is run by the political party that used the Ku Klux Klan as its military arm.

Depends on the city. Especially depends on whether the city is run by the political party that used the Ku Klux Klan as its military arm.

It is strange that the places where one can't carry a gun are often the places where people really should, and the places we do, we usually don't need to.

Still, we do carry them.

I just bought a couple more the other day, a 9mm and 22lr pistols.:D

It is strange that the places where one can't carry a gun are often the places where people really should, and the places we do, we usually don't need to.

Still, we do carry them.

Celebs and politicians and banksters usually get licenses. The average citizen gets a faded copy of the Bill of Rights. We have so many laws that we need to write new laws that are exceptions to those laws. Sad.

Still, we do carry them.

The reason there isn't the need is because people still can and do carry..... . But just wait till Let's go Brandon makes it so people can't and don't carry!

I just learned that Viagara led to a 67% decrease over 6 years in Alzheimer's Disease in a study of 7 million people.

Just imagine if Jill Biden wanted her husband for something other than a sock puppet vehicle to get her on the world stage and instead started feeding him the little blue pill.

Maybe the new chant should be, "Let's Go Brandon's little Brandon!"

This observation may not actually be correct, but many of you seem to be skewing much more rural. Is this a conscious choice? It seems like it might be a little more safe to not be a city slicker if society collapses, but I'm not sure that is a reason for the salt of the world to not be present in the belly of the beast.
Of course it comes down to following our own individual conscience, probably, so I'm not asking anyone to judge me, per se, just curious what thoughts are out there.
I will admit there is a spiritual toll in being surrounded (I am in a large city) by so many people who live in such godless fear. Actually been turned away from some church services for not having PoV.
Disconcerting to see Tim Keller and Francis head-of-NIH talking about Jesus and coronavirus. Oh, and that Piper guy. And Golihger at Tenth Philly coined the phrase "wearing a mask for Jesus" from the pulpit.

I've lived in big cities until the last 10+ years, but have always wanted to live in the country. For me, the choice was not religious; the choice was just for my own peace of mind. The slower pace of life in the country has always appealed to me. And while every day is still cram-packed full of things to do, there is a lot of working with your hands in the fresh air and sunshine. So therapeutic and NORMAL. [ever read Joel Salatin's book, "Folks, This Ain't Normal!"?]

Every time I go back to the city, which is at least once a month, I am so thankful I do not have to stay there. We are salt and light right here in the little cities that surround us, and then it never fails that every time we are out in the bigger cities people stop us to talk. I dress pretty modest in long skirts, head covering, and so on, so I seem to attract genuine seekers and the curious who are not afraid to ask questions.

The bigger cities have a vibe about them that I really do not like. At the stores, it's pretty rare for people to look each other in the eyes and say hello with smiles on their faces. In a small town the local stores are like meet up places where it's never uncommon to see a group of 3 or more neighbors standing around chatting. Almost everyone looks at you in the eyes and says, "Hello!". This is difference is very noticeable if you've ever actually moved away from the big city and into a small community / in the country. Admittedly though, this whole mask thing put a stop to that for a while, but we are pretty much back to normal around here. I chose to not wear a mask, but that's beside the point I guess. Well, maybe not. Those masks sure did a good job silencing everyone. So creepy. All of the sudden everyone looked suspicious and hardly anyone would look at each other in the stores. Scary stuff. We were just in a major city a few weeks ago and I was shocked to see EVERYONE at the store we were in [except us] wearing masks. It was very busy, too - meaning, there were a LOT of people there. It's just not like that here ... and I am so thankful. There is a real sense of community. Neighbors in the smaller towns still help each other out and they all know each other. Neighbors in the country still all get together and help harvest crops, or at the very least they share tractors and harvesting implements. They care about each other - not just when something goes drastically wrong, but all the time. Until I moved here, I honestly have never met so many genuinely GOOD people in my entire life. I thought "those kind of people" only existed in the past, or in stories, or on some fake tv show.

As for the ones who are 'prepping' out of fear: no thanks. I've kept a good pantry for about 20 years now, but it was never out of fear. All of the YT videos I see that talk about the shortages and how we'd better stock up now, and so on ... it's all just a bunch of fear. Fear makes a terrible master. I just keep on living my life as is nothing has changed. Take each day as it comes. And life for me over the past 2 years has been just that: nothing has changed. Well, I guess traveling with ease has changed, but thankfully we usually do not have to travel.

This observation may not actually be correct, but many of you seem to be skewing much more rural. Is this a conscious choice? It seems like it might be a little more safe to not be a city slicker if society collapses, but I'm not sure that is a reason for the salt of the world to not be present in the belly of the beast.
Of course it comes down to following our own individual conscience, probably, so I'm not asking anyone to judge me, per se, just curious what thoughts are out there.
I will admit there is a spiritual toll in being surrounded (I am in a large city) by so many people who live in such godless fear. Actually been turned away from some church services for not having PoV.
Disconcerting to see Tim Keller and Francis head-of-NIH talking about Jesus and coronavirus. Oh, and that Piper guy. And Golihger at Tenth Philly coined the phrase "wearing a mask for Jesus" from the pulpit.
My soon be husband and sister wife home stead

One solution to that one - plant tonnes (and I mean tonnes) of Jerusalem artichokes (not globe artichokes, very different, look them up). They're a root crop (actually a tuber). Almost nobody recognises the above-ground plant as food, but they're even higher yielding than potatoes. What's even better, they outgrow grass, once planted they're an invasive weed that's almost impossible to eradicate. And they can be eaten raw or cooked, unlike potatoes - more like carrots. The only disadvantage is that many people dislike the taste - but they're not repulsive, just bland, not people's preference.

Then when the marauding mobs come, you can give them everything in your larder to appease them, and show them it's bare. When they leave, get out a spade and dig up your real food stores.

Plant them once and forget them for years. They'll just keep growing there as weeds until you need them. Great idea for roadsides too...
I love them!!

Back