• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Closet space

blitziod

Ok for families with 2 or more wives sharing a house. Let's talk about closets and storage space. Any tricks or tips ?

We actually just built a new house and kept this in mind. Basically I designed the house for the possibility of polygyny. The master suite is designed to accommodate four people. Plus we have extra rooms and have designed in the possibility of two more wings to the house if needed. Since I was going to build a house anyway I figured better to plan ahead. That was my solution.

People need to feel like they have a certain amount of space. It depends on culture etc. But I would think most wives want to have their own space or room they can retreat to.

Wow, sound like a cool set up. So, if it's not prying, when you say accommodates up to four, do you mean four closets or does the suite have like four separate living areas? Mostly curious because you mentioned space to retreat to and I'm curious as to how you have it set up.

The bedroom area is designed for a king bed. Closet area is large enough to accommodate stuff for 4 persons. The bathroom shower is also made for 4. The extra rooms would be the wive’s personal bedrooms/retreat space. My idea for the master suite is it’s a shared bedroom, I guess I would always sleep there. The wives can choose to share the master suite or use their own personal bedrooms on any evening.

My thoughts were since I'm building anyway I'll prepare for the possibility of future wives. If I never have more wives, then I guess we will just have a lot of extra space.

Cool, thanks for sharing!

Not the most common setup I hear about, but certainly makes it easier for you to find your stuff! ;)

A four-person shower must make you the most ambitious man I know! I suppose if the ladies weren't keen it would still double as a rapid changing-room-shower setup for a quiver-full of sons! :D

Back