• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Cold and flu remedies

I've left mine to simmer in the pot for up to 48 hours on the low setting.

This is not discussed enough - good bone broth needs to cook at least 24 hours, with what you are saying being even better.

I hear that some people like to stick the bones in the broiler to brown first. This gives it a deeper flavor. I don't use that method, though.

I like mine broiled first for the beef bones, not so much the chicken. I would love to try throwing them on the grill too, but I haven’t done that yet.

I haven’t heard the term “hydrogen asocorbate”, but it sounds like you are describing what I call ascorbic acid. This and sodium ascorbate are totally safe in any quantities, however, the same is not true for calcium ascorbate and ascorbic acid bound to some other minerals. They are only good in low doses. It’s best to stick to ascorbic acid and sodium ascorbate when mega dosing.
Yea, I'm pretty sure that "hydrogen ascorbate" and "ascorbic acid" are two ways of saying roughly or exactly the same thing. I think it is possible that through imprecision of speech, some to refer to a buffered ascorbate as ascorbic acid, when, from my understanding it isn't an acid anymore.

Thank's for that note about the different buffering minerals. I am not surprised about calcium. Calcium seems to be bad news just about whenever it comes up.

Back