• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

General Coming to Chicago?

blessedwith2

Real Person
Male
We would enjoy meeting some of you in person. If you are ever coming to the Chicago area, maybe we could meet at a restaurant.

I'm not sure if this the type of request is acceptable on this website or not, but if this is frowned upon, let me know and I will remove it.

When I got married to Rose like most people, I vowed to her that I would forsake all other women besides her. Of course, if I had known the truth about polygyny, I hope I wouldn't have made such a vow, but who knows. When I discovered the truth about polygyny it didn't do much about it, but every once in a while, I would bring it up and explain the truth about it. I didn't say I wanted it for myself, but I was trying to prepare the way.

Honestly, I didn't think I could ever bring myself to telling my wife that I wanted to marry another woman. I loved her and we had a great marriage, and I didn't want to lose that. A few years later I decided that I was going to tell her that I wanted another wife. Before I did that, I prepared a Bible study for her that was about 20 pages long, which became the foundation to the book I'm writing. The approach I took was that I would honor my vow to her unless she voluntarily relesed me from that vow. I'm not saying that I had to do that Biblically speaking, it's just what I decided I was going to do.

My wife is a believer who strives to live by the Word, so I knew that the only way I could get her to release me from my vow, was to prove it was Biblical. There were some tense moments, some fireworks and she later told me that she thought about leaving me, but in the end, she willingly released me from my vow. Of course, this didn't happen overnight, it probably took a good year or more.

I'm not saying my approach is the best, but thankfully God blessed it. At the time I thought convincing my wife would be the hardest part, but I was definitely wrong about that. Finding wife number two has been much more difficult! Thankfully, polygyny has actually brought my wife and I closer than ever to each other. There have even been times when I thought about giving up and she has talked me out of quitting. I think one of the things that helped my wife was a couple times the woman we were talking to tried to get me to leave my wife for them and that wasn't going to happen even if hell did freeze over. Now that I'm 52 the thought that polygyny may not become reality for us comes to mind more often than before, but either way Rose is a keeper, and she still makes me very happy.

Thankfully, polygyny has actually brought my wife and I closer than ever to each other.
That was our experience. Knowing the truth about marriage biblically speaking was always a blessing.
Now that I'm 52 the thought that polygyny may not become reality for us comes to mind more often than before,
I understand. It was a 20 year wait for us. I felt like giving up at times, and my dear husband said many times "No one I'd be I terested in, would be interested in me."
He was wrong, and she was/is very worth the wait! He's going to be 49 this year.....and a daddy again!

I guess he might have found someone sooner, She's glad we didn't!
So am I, as I can't imagine anyone sweeter or a more prefect fit for our life.

If YHWH purposes this for your life, you won't miss your chance.

That was our experience. Knowing the truth about marriage biblically speaking was always a blessing.

I understand. It was a 20 year wait for us. I felt like giving up at times, and my dear husband said many times "No one I'd be I terested in, would be interested in me."
He was wrong, and she was/is very worth the wait! He's going to be 49 this year.....and a daddy again!

I guess he might have found someone sooner, She's glad we didn't!
So am I, as I can't imagine anyone sweeter or a more prefect fit for our life.

If YHWH purposes this for your life, you won't miss your chance.
Thanks for the encouragement!

When I got married to Rose like most people, I vowed to her that I would forsake all other women besides her. Of course, if I had known the truth about polygyny, I hope I wouldn't have made such a vow, but who knows. When I discovered the truth about polygyny it didn't do much about it, but every once in a while, I would bring it up and explain the truth about it. I didn't say I wanted it for myself, but I was trying to prepare the way.

Honestly, I didn't think I could ever bring myself to telling my wife that I wanted to marry another woman. I loved her and we had a great marriage, and I didn't want to lose that. A few years later I decided that I was going to tell her that I wanted another wife. Before I did that, I prepared a Bible study for her that was about 20 pages long, which became the foundation to the book I'm writing. The approach I took was that I would honor my vow to her unless she voluntarily relesed me from that vow. I'm not saying that I had to do that Biblically speaking, it's just what I decided I was going to do.

My wife is a believer who strives to live by the Word, so I knew that the only way I could get her to release me from my vow, was to prove it was Biblical. There were some tense moments, some fireworks and she later told me that she thought about leaving me, but in the end, she willingly released me from my vow. Of course, this didn't happen overnight, it probably took a good year or more.

I'm not saying my approach is the best, but thankfully God blessed it. At the time I thought convincing my wife would be the hardest part, but I was definitely wrong about that. Finding wife number two has been much more difficult! Thankfully, polygyny has actually brought my wife and I closer than ever to each other. There have even been times when I thought about giving up and she has talked me out of quitting. I think one of the things that helped my wife was a couple times the woman we were talking to tried to get me to leave my wife for them and that wasn't going to happen even if hell did freeze over. Now that I'm 52 the thought that polygyny may not become reality for us comes to mind more often than before, but either way Rose is a keeper, and she still makes me very happy.
I think your way of going about it was great. I often think of the struggle first wives must go through knowing their husband took vows to never forsake them, then bringing polygamy up. Your wife sounds likes an amazing woman as well. Also don't feel bad, you're not the only one who wishes they would have done things in their life differently and you won't be the last. Hopefully polygamy becomes a more acceptable option in the future.

It seems like the Lord is working, both in your heart, and your wife's. Better understanding the Heart and Law of God is a blessing in itself, even if you never have a second wife. Who knows what good plans the Lord may yet have for you?

Back