• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Commitment Ceremony for 2nd wife

OhMyStars

Female
Wondering if there is anyone in the Memphis area who'd be willing to do a commitment ceremony for a 2nd wife. Doesn't have to be fancy, just trying to get it done and everywhere we look they want all this legal stuff done, and prices are really higher then we can afford. So any help, suggestions, ideas, e to would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Yes, congratulations on finding your second! :)

Have y'all considered doing your own ceremony? Maybe you could write up a script and have a trusted friend help you.

Since nobody has responded yet from your area, you'll have to assume nobody on the forum is close enough. So there are other options.

Have you considered attending a Biblical Families retreat? That is an excellent setting for a wedding, surrounded by people who actually agree it's ok and don't think you're an evil heretic. It's been done before. I am sure someone would be willing to facilitate it there.

Otherwise, to do this locally, remember you don't need a church minister. A public commitment is advisable to ensure that your new wife has the assurance that she isn't just a secret affair on the side, but that there are people who recognise her as your wife and will hold you to that commitment. Get whoever is in your area and knows and accepts your family together, and have the ceremony you feel is appropriate with them as witnesses. Don't stress about who will "do" it.

Last edited:
I wish we were just a little closer. I can be in Tennessee in about an hour but that has to be the second longest state in the Union. It takes six hours to get to Memphis.

OMS, did you ever find anyone? Or decide to go for it on your own?

I've officiated at a handful of weddings and would be willing to help out, but am down here in central Texas. Sadly, it looks like this convo started off while many of us were in the Dallas, Texas area at a retreat that would have been a great setting for a ceremony. :( (What's that, like a 6-7 hour drive?...)

So how's it going? Did you work something out? Anything we can help you with? Many of us have had small private ceremonies with just a few witnesses, and that sounds like it's your best shot. Let us know (here in the forum or via PM) if there's anything we can do for you!

Hello all. I apologize for not responding a little sooner. Things with this lady ended up failing miserably. We found out she had no intentions of making this a permanent things, and had been lying to us from the beginning about herself, her family, life, etc. After my DHL broke things off with her, we found out a few months later that she married the guy she'd been with off and in for over 10 years. Needless to say, it was devastating.
However, God always has things planned out, way longer, and it's always better then we can imagine. A lady that DH has known since they were kids around the same time things were falling apart with lady A, popped back into his life and they quickly started to reconnect and she found out that he was wanting to live PM, and hesitate at first, she quickly warmed up to the idea, and she is now apart of our lives. That being said, things are going well for the most part, but there are a few hiccups that are having to be worked out between myself and DH. Please be praying we are able to work thru these issues...I really want this to work for all of us.
Blessings.

Back