• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Complementary Gifts in a plural marriage

sweetlissa

Real Person
Female
It seems to me that when you invite a sister-wife into your family it is to enhance your life and improve your life, not to have "more of the same". Each individual brings their own experiences, strengths, weaknesses and talents into a relationship and by embracing the differences everyone grows. My opinion is that each person in a relationship should be encouraged to be the best that they can be with the gifts that God has given them. Many times God gives husband and wives complementary gifts, so that the total is greater than the sum of the parts. IMHO.

I know that in our relationship we have found that where one lacks the other/s excel so that together we make a team that works together to do God's will. Our skills and talents overlap but always in ways that accentuate the others skills and talents. It is very important that each member of the group knows that they cannot be replaced.

sweetlissa,

I agree with you 100%. Though not yet living poly, the wife and I are working on her best friend. With us having been married for 28 years come this Sat. we have become a well oiled machine :lol: Now that we are working on adding a sisterwife, that machine will need to be adjusted to include our sisterwifes talents. She will become a part of the family and will have her say and input into various things. We have known her for almost as long as the wife and I have been married, so there is little that we do not know about her. We know where she will be strong at and where she will need support from myself or the wife. As she becomes a part of our machine, her parts will be as important in making the machine work as anybody elses. She will become a very important part for she will add greater strength to what is already there for then all of our love will have expanded to a point that there will be no turning back, for should that happen, then everything will fall apart.

just my 2 cents before leaving for the Gulf.

sweetlissa said:
It seems to me that when you invite a sister-wife into your family it is to enhance your life and improve your life, not to have "more of the same". Each individual brings their own experiences, strengths, weaknesses and talents into a relationship and by embracing the differences everyone grows. My opinion is that each person in a relationship should be encouraged to be the best that they can be with the gifts that God has given them. Many times God gives husband and wives complementary gifts, so that the total is greater than the sum of the parts. IMHO.

I know that in our relationship we have found that where one lacks the other/s excel so that together we make a team that works together to do God's will. Our skills and talents overlap but always in ways that accentuate the others skills and talents. It is very important that each member of the group knows that they cannot be replaced.

I totally agree Lissa. God places individuals in families similarly as He places individuals in a local church. Each person is a very, very important part of the whole. No two people are alike!

I love my marriage. That doesn't mean that I don't have difficulties with some aspects, but mostly I love my husband and my sister-wife.

This is why we put this forum together. Because our lifestyle can be so isolating, we need to reach out to each other. Since we are scattered around the country and even world, we need to be able to reach out via the internet.

I hope that if you are struggling you will write me a personal note on my email. It is lissa@biblicalfamilies.org. I am here to help.

Lissa

Back