• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Converting men to Christ....

The Revolting Man

Staff member
Real Person
Male
I see Islam's rise in the world and fear that many western young men of all races will start converting to it as they become more disenfranchised with the matriarchal society they experience.

I see patriarchy and by extension polygyny, as a counter weight to that. I have had some success reaching other wise closed off young men by telling them about truly biblical marriage and manhood. Does anyone else have some experience in this area?

I had a similarly successful conversation with a German tourist I picked up as a hitchhiker a while back. Modern culture is obsessed with sexuality, so the fact that you have odd views on that can be an excellent opening for a conversation, and can certainly pique the interest of a man. I haven't overtly used this as an evangelism tool, but I can certainly see the merits, if applied correctly.

I am currently mentoring a cousin of mine. He's 20. Our last conversation was along the lines of feminism, modern proverbs 31 women, modesty, and patriarchal leadership. We used his friends and family as examples for and against. He keeped saying "whoa" and "Man this hurts,(seeing his mistakes) but I want more."

I have found it a good opening to talk to anyone with an "alternate lifestyle" that has been treated harshly by "the church". True though that it could offer a Godly alternative to Islam that they might more easily identify with than the milk toast Christianity so many churches are offering today.

Back