• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Dating Sites

I hope that no one finds this offensive or judgmental, but having a goal of achieving an extra wife is not the way to go about this.

Make your goal to become the strongest, most YHWH-following, emotionally healthy family that you can possibly be. Then, maybe, YHWH will use you to minister to one of His daughters.
Everything must be about what He wants, His plans for everyone's lives.
I believe that tough times are a-coming and we must become the best that we can be.

Great point. I'm not aware of any dating site that is exclusively for biblical Christian families seeking sisterwives or biblical Christian women seeking plural families. @Nobodyyspecial, do you know of any such site or really any site you'd recommend for bible-believing Christians?
I'm thinking pretty seriously of making a service with special emphasis on matching Filipinas to Plural Marriage families (most likely to Western countries).
The reason is the need here as I've mentioned in other posts. The problem? How the heck do you get a 2nd or 3rd or nth wife to a Western country without doing a "divorce one wife to get the other there"?
I remember you mentioning something before about the gov't should be out of marriage all together, which I agree with.

BTW would love to join the retreats; if we were in the states it'd be so (comparatively) easy.
I'm still hoping to have one here in the Philipines this year.
Even if it's just like 5 families or something.

I'm thinking pretty seriously of making a service with special emphasis on matching Filipinas to Plural Marriage families (most likely to Western countries).
The reason is the need here as I've mentioned in other posts. The problem? How the heck do you get a 2nd or 3rd or nth wife to a Western country without doing a "divorce one wife to get the other there"?
It's certainly a good idea, but very difficult practically. Even legal marriage is far from guaranteed to work. Here's a sad story of a monogamous couple in New Zealand where the wife is right now facing deportation to Hong Kong because the immigration bureaucrats have decided they want to deport her, but won't say why, her legal marriage means absolutely nothing.

Work visas may be more successful. A career-minded Filipina woman who was suitably qualified to obtain a work visa in a Western country could work towards permanent residency entirely through her career, with no official mention of relationship status at all. But at the same time, an unofficial polygamous marriage would be perfect for her, as it gives a woman the freedom to pursue a career knowing that her children can be cared for by a sisterwife and not end up in daycare. Might be an excellent arrangement for a Western family where the first wife wishes to remain at home. This is a niche situation, but you may know of particular women who would be interested in following this route, and those women you could put in touch with suitable families.

Are Ahab, Hesed, & Raham in Hebrew, the same word in English?

And are they the same meaning if so?

This is an honest question (and definitely not to be considered contention) about applying the native language to the audience...

Translations are a fickle thing:)

It's certainly a good idea, but very difficult practically. Even legal marriage is far from guaranteed to work. Here's a sad story of a monogamous couple in New Zealand where the wife is right now facing deportation to Hong Kong because the immigration bureaucrats have decided they want to deport her, but won't say why, her legal marriage means absolutely nothing.

Work visas may be more successful. A career-minded Filipina woman who was suitably qualified to obtain a work visa in a Western country could work towards permanent residency entirely through her career, with no official mention of relationship status at all. But at the same time, an unofficial polygamous marriage would be perfect for her, as it gives a woman the freedom to pursue a career knowing that her children can be cared for by a sisterwife and not end up in daycare. Might be an excellent arrangement for a Western family where the first wife wishes to remain at home. This is a niche situation, but you may know of particular women who would be interested in following this route, and those women you could put in touch with suitable families.
Horrible situation in that article.
Yeah your idea I think would work regarding upwardly mobile Filipinas ... maybe.
Certainly makes the niche of polygamous believers even smaller...

Me and my wife are looking for Sister Wives we pray everyday and hoping that God will bring us Sister Wives that are loving caring honest just like my wife but I do believe a while back the older version of this website would have a personal area but I couldn't find it since they've updated it if I'm correct anybody have any ideas and is her chatrooms hear that I wouldn't be punished or kicked out or banned that we can talk to other like-minded women that are searching for a husband and sister wives
I can only give you, and others, my personal thoughts based on my personal experiences of over 30 years of believing, dumb mistakes, and a couple biblical examples. After search myself for years and make multiple mistakes, including my first wife asking me to leave, estranged but not divorced. I am now with my present wife who is very supportive, understanding, encouraging, and probably wants a SW for us more than I do. I personally, as a man, husband, and Son believe it would be best to allow your wife a more, if not most involved role in "the search." She will tend to be more objective. Men tend to be visual, which gets in the way of the most important issues. First being, does she believe the same. Do you all have the same moral absolute. Might seem silly, but if yours is an evangelical belief and her's is based on the belief of the Hmong people of Laos; then it has a good chance of failing. Yes, the Hmong people believe in PM. Second, is everyone being able to work together to Love each other? Is real Love paramount in the relationship? As I've mentioned before, without real Love our faith is meaningless. Third is, new or potential relationships are like a life's journey. Many look only at the journey we are embarking on. Everyone of us brings a suitcase of life's journey that we've been on. They go with us to every new journey. I try to teach young people, "We all have baggage we bring to the relationship(s). We all must be willing to open your baggage and share it ALL. Good and bad." If not, then we are not really applying Love correctly. Now looking through each other's baggage does not mean to be judgmental, but to allow us to Lovingly understand what each of us has to help with. My first wife kept secrets and blind sided me regularly. Lynn and I had hours of conversations on our baggage before. With Real Love there is always honesty. These are just a few to think about. There are more. In the OT there were examples of the wife taking a more lead role in the search. Sarah with Haggar, which didn't work out well. Then there was Abigail and David, that was a good one. Finally, remember this, "All poor decisions are made in haste." I think you are in the best, forum or "chat room" that will prevent you from most of the mistakes others have made and sometimes have had to live with a long time. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Yes, I worked with a very interesting Hmong gentleman when I worked in Marion, Indiana. Just be "neighborly" and see if they are willing to talk. They are known as the mountain people. I would do some history studying first. To give you fuel for a very interesting conversation(s).

my nightmare woman came from 2wives.com big mistake
Not to discount your pain and I'm not familiar with the site... but to be fair your experience with that lady could be anecdotal right?
I mean I'm assuming 2wives.com didn't breed her in a lab... sometimes sites get blamed for free will.

Not to discount your pain and I'm not familiar with the site... but to be fair your experience with that lady could be anecdotal right?
I mean I'm assuming 2wives.com didn't breed her in a lab... sometimes sites get blamed for free will.

thats why i think a matchmaker type site with the site people following up with the members would spot the problems and head them off before they get too bad

Although I Agree with Most of the Comments on here, Polygamy Dating Sites like ours, ( Sister Wives ) do play an important role for those seeking a sister wife, or looking to becoming a sister wife. But at the same time, We do encourage people to look in person. Me and Robyn talked to a lot of women over the years and even had a few live with us. However we just found our match after many many years of searching... This search is not easy, and polygamy dating sites play only a small role. To be honest the word Polygamy Scares a lot of people I think. If we were Extroverts and went out to retreats, and group events we probably would have had much faster luck in finding a match. The Point is, Don't put all your faith in online dating, go out and look also. If you have a membership at sisterwives.com I would be happy to give you a month for free, just shoot us an email and say you saw this form post on biblical families, I would be happy to do so, please include your user id...

I would also like to thank nathan/biblical familes for everything you do for this community. This really should be legalized by now.

Here is something interesting, recently we signed up on OKCupid just for the fun of it. It's not a poly site or a Christian site by any means, but it seems that times are changing.

I created a profile that explained what we are looking for in reference to plural families based on God. Tried to give as much basic information as I could so even if they don't contact us they will still read and maybe a seed is planted.

But, to my surprise, I have had many women contact me to learn more. Sometimes I contact them if their profile seems interesting. Sometimes they say I'm crazy, but more often than not they make comments like it's not for them but they want to know more. I can't imagine finding anyone of interest there, but who knows. It at least seems to me the tide is starting to s l o w l y turn to people becoming comfortable with PM.

Thanks for the reports from the field. It is interesting to hear/read people's experiences pro and con with these sites.

Back