• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

David and Bathsheba?

Anyways Im just starting a study on the History of the tradition of Gehinnom/Purgatory. We can make a thread if anyones interested.

Kings are God's anointed. God gives punishments to kings.
I agree whole heartedly with the last half and would rephrase the first half to There are Kings God anoints. We know from Saul that a King can lose Elohim's favor. David who was also anointed did not Harm or Rebel (he was just trying to survive) against Saul. He waited for God to handle it. Then you have Joram. Elisha anointed Jehu king of Israel.

2 Kings 6

I anoint you king over the Lord’s people Israel.

Jehu killed both Joram and Jezebel. This is not a David and Saul situation. Was Joram's reign over Israel not anointed? I believe since it speaks of the anointing of Jehu but not Joram, that Joram was not anointed. I only bring this up because being anointed for a purpose and authority to rule are not the same thing. We know all authority comes from God even that of those who misuse their authority. At any time Elohim can take away that Authority. We also know that He forbids harm upon His anointed ones and Prophets.

Psalms 105:14-15

He allowed no one to oppress them—
for their sake He rebuked kings:
“Touch not My anointed ones,
and do My prophets no harm.”

Scripture Shows that going against Gods Anointing is rebellion, but going against Misused Authority is revolution.

@IshChayil, I think your post was fair play, and I can restore it if you want me to....

Furthermore it is not simply change but "You must not add to or subtract from what I command you," and yet "a new command I give you, love one another".

It wasn't a new command.
Just a thought, did Jesus change the saying into a commandment?

Just a thought, did Jesus change the saying into a commandment?

No Jesus was simply continuing the process of writing Torah on our hearts. Hebrews 8:10-12 Which we were supposed to be doing all along. Ie “circumcision of the heart” Deuteronomy 30:6 and Deuteronomy 10:16 he taught nothing new he simply taught that it’s supposed to be a heart issue. Interestingly that’s exactly what the Spirit will do completely in the future. To the point we will no longer need to be taught anything. Jeremiah 31:31-34

No Jesus was simply continuing the process of writing Torah on our hearts. Hebrews 8:10-12 Which we were supposed to be doing all along. Ie “circumcision of the heart” Deuteronomy 30:6 and Deuteronomy 10:16 he taught nothing new he simply taught that it’s supposed to be a heart issue. Interestingly that’s exactly what the Spirit will do completely in the future. To the point we will no longer need to be taught anything. Jeremiah 31:31-34
I don’t believe that we are at the stage where the Torah is being or has been written on our hearts.
I just don’t see the evidence of it. Still a future thing in my opinion.

I don’t believe that we are at the stage where the Torah is being or has been written on our hearts.

Mind blowing interesting thought... thanks Steve... I’m gonna Barean that line of thinking and see where I land!

Oh we are no where close to completion. And we won’t be until the Spirit does it in us. My point was more about the fact we should have been trying to make it a heart thing all along and that’s what Yeshua was teaching. Right now it’s on us to heed that teaching and make it a heart issue. In the future the Spirit will perfectly complete that process...

Back