• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Declining Birth Rates

This is partly because women are on the pill from the age of 15, getting married at 30, and not having kids until 35. The pill ages your uterus nearly double what it should be. So those that have been on the pill 15 years at 30, their uterus is essentially 45 years old. It's much much harder to get pregnant then, especially when it's your first. Women aren't told this, so they think that when they want to have kids they'll just be able to pump out those 2.7 kids, no trouble. Unfortunately that isn't always the case.

NZ's birth rate is 1.81 per woman which isn't much higher, well below replacement rates as well. We survive because of immigration.

The bold politicians in Europe and the US are correct in identifying massive, unchecked immigration from cultures and lands opposed to Western values as being a destabilizing force.

They are not as bold in identifying what is causing the need for immigration.

Between aborted babies and declining birth rates (not abortion related) Western nations can never grow their economies without imported labor. Grow your own citizens, and you won't need foreign labor.

ya know its interesting ... that certain groups are having, on average about 7 children generation after generation ... they tend to be those who attempt to follow the bible more closely than mainstream america ..
i find this to be a very encouraging hope for the future
True, but those seeking to follow the bible more closely are on the decline.

I bought into the lie... have children but not so many that they diminish your lifestyle. So we had 4, just like my parents and just like my wife's parents. My wife wanted more but submitted to my decision to stop. Now I want more but we are in our 40's. So my regret is also my biggest reason for wanting a second wife. We are also going to investigate the possibility of adoption-- meeting tomorrow with an agency to check into that. *sigh*

Now I want more but we are in our 40's.
Not too old.
The idea that a girl is born with all of her eggs for life is being disproven.
Eat healthy, be healthy and produce healthy eggs.

Not too old.

We just had a new baby girl in Jan, and I am going on 45. She seems perfectly healthy.
I cannot say every pregnancy produced a healthy baby, as I had five miscarriages over the years, and we lost a set of identical triplet boys to complications a few years ago. I can say however, that if I/we let a miscarriage put us off of having children, we would have two instead of nine today.
One baby makes up for all the losses as far as I'm concerned. :)

I remembered that an aunt of mine was older when she had her last, so I asked her about her age. She replied that she was 45, and my uncle 48 when they had their ninth child, then shared with me, "An amazing woman we know was 53 & 57 for her last two , So God didn't think she was too old. By the way she was trying to have them because she felt there were more children for her."

I'm sure some think moms like us are crazy! :eek:o_O But to our kids we were just smart enough to know in advance they were an asset! :p:D;)

Yes, but NOW tells them to fulfill all those other wonderful things in their lives first. The ones not involving men, or with men, but not in any committed way.

And then, when she is 38, she can start thinking about someone other than herself.

NOW is the least of the problem. Its parents, teachers, pastors, and the women at church all encouraging her to delay marriage, 'enjoy life', 'see the world', and 'get an education' that are the biggest problem.

None of whom will tell her she can't have her cake and eat it too.

NOW is the least of the problem. Its parents, teachers, pastors, and the women at church all encouraging her to delay marriage, 'enjoy life', 'see the world', and 'get an education' that are the biggest problem.

None of whom will tell her she can't have her cake and eat it too.
I hear you, but NOW and their pioneers started the lie, and all the others adopted it and promoted it.

Back