• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Did Moses Inherit His Faith From his Parents

lutherangirl

Real Person
Female
I attended a Bible study at my church this Wednesday. The question was: Did Moses inherit his faith from his parents? I think genetically he did. However, I'm not sure if his father had much influence since Moses was mainly raised by Pharaoh's daughter and his own mother. At that time being raised as Pharoah's dauther's son, he would have been exposed to the Egyptian culture, too.

The answer guide for this study alluded to the fact that his own parents were 100% involved in his faith, but I think it was 50/50. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Blessings,
Michelle

i'm gonna get in touch with my female side and just post what i feel :D

not sure how genetics would play in here, but the fact that his fam was for sure praying YHVH's will into his life would seem to me to be the major factor.
anyway, with no scripture to back me up, that is how i feel. feel free to bring a few facts to the table :?

Steve,

Thanks for replying. I agree that his mother had a huge influence telling him about God. There is no real Scripture to back this question up only thoughts on how it would have been like to live in that time and cultural influences. I think when we view the Bible we have to immerse ourselves in the setting of the day; it helps to set the stage.

Michelle

very true, but please do not leave out the power of prayer.
i believe that to be the most powerful agent of change, especially as he grew older and was not under his mothers care

Nothing like reading old threads. :lol:
I suspect that the influence of Moses parents was minimal, as is the spiritual influence of parents still today. My guess is that there was a definite input by the Lord Himself during Moses time, tending the sheep, on the desert mountains. Operative word here is guess.

Back