• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Discussion about special days

UntoldGlory

Male
So I've been thinking about those special days and events and wondering what current poly families have in place. I'll also toss in some of my own thoughts.

Valentines day.
So, I think I have a pretty handle on it for once an additional wife is actually in the family. Basically making V-day a family celebration and taking each of the wives out on a special date on different nights. That way no one has to spend valentines alone, but no perceived favoritism. Things are a bit more complicated I think if you happen to fall into the category of courting or even "pre courting", but I think the same basic idea might still be okay. What do you all do?

New Years Eve.
Minor, but the midnight kiss. Rotate new years as to who gets kissed first? Whoever's night it happens to be? It seems like a fairly small thing, but I could see it causing a hurt feeling or two.

Plus one events.
What about events that are couples only but can't really be avoided. Is it best to try and match event to interest? Like, if it's a wife's company Christmas party, that seems like a no brainer. Anyone have any tips and tricks on situations like it being the husband's company function? Personally I'm inclined to skip any function I don't absolutely have to be at, and just go stag to any that I do.

The Husband's birthday.
Anything special there any of you do? Family day is my assumption, but it's still going to be someone's night. That get awkward for anyone? I guess the day before we could just stay up till midnight, that way I'd get to share going to bed on my "birthday" with each wife...?

Wives Birthdays.
Now my assumption here is just that if a wife's birthday happens to fall on another wife's day, there'd just be a schedule swap. But in that, does the wife having the birthday get the two nights in a row, or the one giving up her normal night? Thoughts?

Anyone have any other situations like these to discuss?

These days become a test of the husband's organisational and logistical abilities.

The potential for someone to feel offended is high.

Actually I don't enjoy them.

ylop in a negative mood

You actually stay up to midnight on New Years?
I think you're overthinking things and the problems you solve in your head in this discussion will be completely different to the real problems that surface in real life. But I don't have the experience, that's just a gut feeling.

Sorry Ylop!

I was just bringing them up for the sake of conversation. My thought is that they won't be that big a deal, but I figure I'd let those with experience weigh in on that before I assumed myself into a bad situation!

Back