• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Divorce and Cross Country Move

Mikki G.

Female
hey ladies, I didn’t want to post this in the marriage issues section cause I just feel that it would be best to put it here.

So in April of 2018 I posted on this website that I was getting divorced from my husband. A lot of you prayed for me and I felt the love and support. A month later my husband decided to stay and try and work it out. For a few months it was great. He spent time with me, we went on dates and we had actual conversations without him or me being distracted from each other. It was great.

Then when August came around everything changed. He started hacking my phone and my Facebook account all because I had a guy friend who was just a friend and my husband became jealous. I tried explaining to him that nothing was going on. Then he started being verbally abusive. Saying that I was lucky that he stayed cause no other man would want me. I started feeling less than nothing.

Then he asked to have control of our finances which I let him do. He told me he had a budget set and that he would take care of us. Next thing I know we are homeless living in an extended stay hotel room. The last straw for me was one night when he called me a Fat Ass. It broke my heart and tore me in two. I felt like trash and I didn’t know what to do. But God blesses me with an AMAZING friend. She helped me to leave. She helped me to move from Texas back to Oregon (I plan on going back to Texas in a year or two)

The reason why I am posting this is because with actually going through with this divorce and moving, I feel like I am being a coward for leaving. And I feel really broken now.

Ladies I don’t know where to go from here. I am feeling less than nothing and don’t know how to handle it.

I am so sorry to hear things have not worked out with your husband. I hope in the future that maybe you both can come back together and talk after taking time to grow and mature on your own. I encourage you to spend time in the Word of God and time talking with Him so that you can understand your part in it all and grow in maturity. I only say that because we each need to see ourselves clearly and know our value within ourselves. It is only then that we can bring good things to any relationship we have in this life. I pray God will continue to provide the help and wisdom that you need during this difficult time.

My heart hurts for you and your situation. You are Not worthless and you are valued! It may not feel like it right now and you may not have value where you want it most.... From your husband but I know without a shadow of a doubt you are loved and wanted and you do have value! Sometimes we need to step away so that we can realign ourselves to Gods way of thinking. Don't give up on being your true authentic self. If you are unsure of what that looks like seiz the opportunity while you are away to regain yourself. Many times in marriage/relationships we get caught up in struggles that we forget who we are. We loose our self esteme. Fight for the woman you lost.... Maybe your husband can do the same. This just may be what you both need and then you can come together with a great outlook and dedication. Never forget to look to the Father for guidance and direction along your journey and I will pray you have peace and comfort.

My heart hurts for you and your situation. You are Not worthless and you are valued! It may not feel like it right now and you may not have value where you want it most.... From your husband but I know without a shadow of a doubt you are loved and wanted and you do have value! Sometimes we need to step away so that we can realign ourselves to Gods way of thinking. Don't give up on being your true authentic self. If you are unsure of what that looks like seiz the opportunity while you are away to regain yourself. Many times in marriage/relationships we get caught up in struggles that we forget who we are. We loose our self esteme. Fight for the woman you lost.... Maybe your husband can do the same. This just may be what you both need and then you can come together with a great outlook and dedication. Never forget to look to the Father for guidance and direction along your journey and I will pray you have peace and comfort.
Thank u so much. Right now I’m just trying to process through what I want. I’m finally going back to school and am now in a career field that I want to be. But I miss him so much

Thank u so much. Right now I’m just trying to process through what I want. I’m finally going back to school and am now in a career field that I want to be. But I miss him so much
Good for you! I know it is tough a lot of change all at once is a difficult transition. You are going to be ok. Stay focused and hopefully you will find a place to worship. Keep praising Him till the next door opens. Please keep us or me posted. I will be praying for you. God bless you during this transition

Good for you! I know it is tough a lot of change all at once is a difficult transition. You are going to be ok. Stay focused and hopefully you will find a place to worship. Keep praising Him till the next door opens. Please keep us or me posted. I will be praying for you. God bless you during this transition
Thank u again. As the days go on (it’s been a month now since I left) it’s getting easier but I’m realizing more now that God wants to do some major healing in me. I have so many past hurts that I haven’t dealt with and God is showing more and more of them. As I go through each scar on my heart God is slowly healing them and putting my heart back together. These next few months are going to be really hard for me mentally and emotionally but I know God will see me through this and I will come through this stronger than before. Not only stronger in myself but stronger in God and that I something that I am really looking forward to. I promise to keep u guys updated. Thank you again

Back