• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

"do up your makeup and hair so that you look as non oppressed as possible"

LDremoved

Seasoned Member
Female
Quote from husband Enoch in one of my favorite Polygamist documentaries. Personally I love the way these people live, if anyone else wants to check it out.

Last edited:
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country"

How rude.
Lol wow, really? I think I watched the original on Netflix or Amazon prime. It was called three wives one husband, Rockland ranch. I like the YouTube version better because it sort of showed each family individually instead of mixing them all together like the original documentary did. I was really only a fan of Enoch his brothers seemed kind of like jerks.

Lol wow, really? I think I watched the original on Netflix or Amazon prime. It was called three wives one husband, Rockland ranch. I like the YouTube version better because it sort of showed each family individually instead of mixing them all together like the original documentary did. I was really only a fan of Enoch his brothers seemed kind of like jerks.
Will have to watch it. Good chance I have seen it if it is any more than two years old. My ex watched pretty much everything out there as well as read several books of various life in polygamy tell all stories. Wish there was more new material out there other than sisterwives which was never my cup of tea.

I like the YouTube version better because it sort of showed each family individually instead of mixing them all together like the original documentary did. I was really only a fan of Enoch his brothers seemed kind of like jerks.
It’s been some time since I’ve seen it. I didn’t mind the snapshot of the different setups. I think Chris? has some ways to go in his journey of life but he and his wife are younger, just starting out so I expect some figuring out. I like that he at least goes to Enoch and seems to be willing to hear advice. The other husband, can’t remember his name, I thought it was honorable he was willing to fulfill his late brother’s wishes to bring in his wives if they wanted. I think it might’ve worked out except the one wife shared her sadness about it and looked like it impacted the wives’ decision. All in all, I gathered a sense of their love for their families which was nice to see.

Will have to watch it. Good chance I have seen it if it is any more than two years old. My ex watched pretty much everything out there as well as read several books of various life in polygamy tell all stories. Wish there was more new material out there other than sisterwives which was never my cup of tea.
Let me know what you think. I can't get into the reality drama polygamist shows or documentaries. I like the normal, every day life ones even if they're boring, it's better than drama lol. I wish there were more like this.
It’s been some time since I’ve seen it. I didn’t mind the snapshot of the different setups. I think Chris? has some ways to go in his journey of life but he and his wife are younger, just starting out so I expect some figuring out. I like that he at least goes to Enoch and seems to be willing to hear advice. The other husband, can’t remember his name, I thought it was honorable he was willing to fulfill his late brother’s wishes to bring in his wives if they wanted. I think it might’ve worked out except the one wife shared her sadness about it and looked like it impacted the wives’ decision. All in all, I gathered a sense of their love for their families which was nice to see.
Yes remember Chris and his wife were pursuing someone and after he confessed his love to her she cried all the way home and wouldn't talk to them again. I wonder what ever happened with those two? I thought Chris was a huge jerk the first time around but after i've rewatched a couple of times I think he's a small jerk now. He did seem like a good dad too.

I think you're talking about Abel, he offered to marry his dying brother's wives, I thought that was really sweet but he already has his hands full enough it seems like and he gave off a bit of self centered vibe like Chris did as well. He also seemed like a good father though, remember when all of his wives went on vacation and he stayed home with his like 100 kids by himself lol

I think the late brother's wives should have married Enoch instead, he seems to be the most level headed of all of them. Shoot I may have to take a trip out to Rockland ranch myself and see if he would accept me as his feminist wife and build me a rock cottage.

Last edited:
I didn’t but sounds like a fun idea
His wives were having trouble bonding, I think one was getting jealous, so they decided to go on a vacation together without him. They left him with some precooked meals and took off lol he handled it well, that is a lot of kids. Even if little things about some of the men bothered me, it was no doubt they were great fathers.

His wives were having trouble bonding, I think one was getting jealous, so they decided to go on a vacation together without him. They left him with some precooked meals and took off lol he handled it well, that is a lot of kids. Even if little things about some of the men bothered me, it was no doubt they were great fathers.
I saw part 2 just now on YouTube and you’re right. The 3rd wife was having trouble respecting the time spent with others. Conversation and a vacation would be helpful

Back