• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Does God always send evil messages(dreams, prophecy)

Evo

Female
Hi everyone,

I am a little bit disturbed and would like to know what you think about the below :

Does God send only evil messages? Warning about misfortunes coming?

I have observed that in my family people always have bad messages :

Parents, siblings, aunts,...
Every time they dream or may be meet a "prophet" the messages are always negative. Death, sickness, attacks,.....

I am now wondering, God who is a father to each one of us. Who says he loves us more than the love mothers have for their children. That God never send good messages, doesn't show blessings...

How is that possible? What kind of father shows only bad things to his children?

I wish you could enlighten me, cause I don't understand.

You are right, that is a very common problem with people who feel that they hear from Yah.
I think that they mostly hear what they want to hear.

I don’t hear a lot from Him, but I do hear some.
Some of them have been warnings, like a loving father would give, and some of them have been about positive things.

This may be a case of by their fruit ye shall know them. In other words, be a bit skeptical about the message if they are all negative.

@Evo, it’s highly unlikely that they are hearing from God. Spend time reading the Scriptures and you will learn about The Master and get to know Him by His word and will begin know what the Master’s voice sounds like. Jesus said that His sheep know his voice. It sounds to me like you are already spotting something that seems off about the voices speaking to your family. You’re comparing it to Scripture, you’re on the right track 👍🏻

I understand and can relate. My dreams and visions have been flooded the last couple of years with messages and warnings most apocalyptic, some dire warnings, others sterner full of fatherly advice, but always important lessons or messages. Write them down, discover repeating themes or patterns, meditate and pray on what you remember. Do not look at dreams or visions as evil messages, but rather something you can or should learn from. I think God will send you messages that are important for your life and the development of you (soul). You and your family may be very sensitive to the divine and are receiving these messages for a purpose, to spread awareness or to guide you along your path. Also be leery of living in fear. fear will open one up to other influences such as demonic intrusions or influences by evil humans. I believe the Father/Son/Holy Spirit can and do influence our dreams and or waking visions, I also feel evil can as well. If one is living a fear-based life or has a weakened connection to God through sinful vices or negative habits, evil can and will sneak in to corrupt whatever it can (if one leaves a portal or door open rodent will always come into the house). If a dream or vision does not seem to have any messages other than to unnerve, cause fear without learning, cause confusion or chaos in your waking life; then it may not be natural or coming from a good place.

Almost every book of the New Testament warns us about false prophets and Jesus told us that there would be many of them. Most people in the modern church seem to think false words from God are rare, but that is not the case, and the idea that they are rare is not consistent with what Jesus told His disciples directly. Do not receive every spirit but test the spirits. God tells us to be skeptical. The bar for true prophecy is very high.

What kind of father shows only bad things to his children?

Revealed wisdom is necessary wisdom. It is what God has determined is necessary for you or your family to know.

Trust Him.

Reactions: Yan
It's interesting that you would interpret these as bad. There have been numerous times in my life where I, or someone close to me, had seen something in a dream or been told about something bad impending.

When we were smart enough to listen, we avoided the bad outcome. When we were not and ignored the warning, I can not think of a time that it turned out OK...rather we were thankful to have lived through it (there was a bad car accident where this was exactly the case).

How could a warning in time to save you from it be construed as bad, much less evil? What more blessing could you want?

Have you ever been driving on the freeway and seen signs that said "Great road ahead and look to the left to see the beach"? No, it's "Falling Rocks", "Bridge May Ice", "Sharp Curve", and "Wrong Way!".

That said, I have been given very direct positive messages when I needed it most...and they were most prophetic and came to fruition in much less time than I could have imagined.

That's good. If you know what is coming, you can prepare yourself and not be caught by surprise.

This is very interesting. God used dreams and prophecy previously. Does he still? The other side of the argument is that he used those only when they did not have the complete Word of God. The argument goes that God no longer speaks in dreams because we have the complete canon. Everything we need to know about anything is contained within the complete 66 books of the Bible. Therefore God allowed certain things to fade away with the apostles. Healing, speaking in tongues, etc. Maybe prophetic dreams too.

I don't know for sure. My particular denomination, Baptists, generally teach that God speaks through the Bible now as opposed to dreams, and that the Bible contains everything we need to know. They generally stay away from dreams.

I do not know the answer to this. I do feel that anything given to you can not be contrary to the Bible.

If you don’t believe that Yah has a relationship with people and speaks to them nowadays, don’t worry about it.
He probably won’t, to you.

If you don’t believe that Yah has a relationship with people and speaks to them nowadays, don’t worry about it.
He probably won’t, to you.
I never said I didn't believe it. I said I didn't know. I said, "I do not know the answer to this".

I have been praying in my life that God prepare me for the coming challenges in the future. I want a hard life to form a backbone for what is coming. I want to be able to survive and thrive in coming challenges

I never said I didn't believe it. I said I didn't know. I said, "I do not know the answer to this".
I was speaking to those that don’t believe.

Back