• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Don't know how to process this.

Rose of Sharon

Real Person
Female
I have been praying for the right woman to come along. Last week, my husband went to his friend's house. The wife threw a birthday party for her husband and her children. They all have birthdays pretty close. I unfortunately couldn't make it because something came up. The night before the party, I had a clear picture of a woman in my dream that I have never met. She had straight black hair and was very beautiful. I told my husband about the dream and pondered on it. When he came back from the party, he told me that he was in deep conversation with a woman similar to my dream and that he enjoyed talking with her. Now, do I take much stock on my dream and what happened or just dismiss it? We have no contact with this womam and would have to go through our friends. Our friends may find it weird if we start asking a bunch of questions. What do you think about this and what would you do? An important part that I forgot to add was that I found this woman's picture on FB and she did match the woman in my dream.

Last edited:
Thank you both for replying. Yes, I agree!
I told my husband that I truly need to be praying about this. And yes, if this is not of God, then I pray this door be completely shut. I pray everyday that no weapon is formed against my family.
I totally believe He will honor that request. Often I have had the door close to prevent me from making an unwise decision. Because He loves me!

Im fairly certain dreamed about my husband before I met him. - it wasn't so much his face, but the feeling I got when I was with him.

I also dreamed about the church I would get married in - and the church he grew up looked EXACTLY like that dream! No joke.

So yeah, I would see where it goes.

Im fairly certain dreamed about my husband before I met him. - it wasn't so much his face, but the feeling I got when I was with him.

I also dreamed about the church I would get married in - and the church he grew up looked EXACTLY like that dream! No joke.

So yeah, I would see where it goes.
That's very interesting and thank you for sharing your story with me. Many thoughts and prayers ahead of me.

Let it go. Pray that if it's God's will that He will make something happen, then forget about it. If He wills it, then she will turn up unexpectedly somewhere else where your husband is.

However, I will also say that you've made the assumption that this woman is a potential second wife for your husband, but that might not be the case at all. It's possible that she needs prayer, or practical help, or there is some other reason that she appeared to you.

Let it go. Pray that if it's God's will that He will make something happen, then forget about it. If He wills it, then she will turn up unexpectedly somewhere else where your husband is.

However, I will also say that you've made the assumption that this woman is a potential second wife for your husband, but that might not be the case at all. It's possible that she needs prayer, or practical help, or there is some other reason that she appeared to you.
It crossed my mind that she may be a potential because of my prayers. Your right though. It possibly could be a different reason for what He is showing me. I haven't dwelt on it since my post and I am waiting on any nudging from God if there is meaning behind it. :)

I hope we are not thinking like Rhoda. Is there anything wrong with seeking her out as a friend.

I hope we are not thinking like Rhoda. Is there anything wrong with seeking her out as a friend.
I don't know her personally. If our friends decide to have another get-together, then that could give me an opportunity to get to know her.

Back