• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Esperanto (constructed international auxiliary language)

Christiano

Esperanto is aconstructed international auxiliary language. It is the most widely spoken constructed language in the world. The Polish-Jewish ophthalmologist L. L. Zamenhof published the first book detailing Esperanto, Unua Libro, on 26 July 1887. The name of Esperanto derives from Doktoro Esperanto ("Esperanto" translates as "one who hopes"), the pseudonym under which Zamenhof published Unua Libro.
I've just started studying Esperanto again, after being many years away from it, andt this time I intend to really start using jt to correspond with people from countries like Poland, Russia and others.

I studied Esperanto for a time, and if I found it quite easy to learn. I haven't looked at it in a long time though. Right now, if I were to spend time learning a new language, it would be Biblical Hebrew or Aramaic.

I thought it was interesting that you plan to use this to correspond with folks in other countries. When I was studying it, I had a friend who spoke English natively, but she spoke German fluently, and several other languages were very familiar to her. It shocked me how she could pick up on what I was saying in Esperanto through her knowledge of other languages.

Back