• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

European Meet-up 2020

Sol

Male
Dear fellow members,

I am new to this forum. However, per suggestions received as a response to my introductory post, I’ve decided to become the torch bearer in suggesting a European meet-up. If nothing else, it would allow European members to establish the size of the local community and interest in attendance.

Myself and my wife live in the UK, but I think it would be sensible to meet in Amsterdam, NL. Perhaps we could book an evening at a restaurant in Leidsplein ?

I suggest a date in early to mid April to experience balmy weather conditions.

I look forward to receiving your comments.

Edit:

I would like to offer two suggestions;

1. Non European members are welcome to attend.

2. As such get togethers are likely to have a large concentration of couples and single men, I’d like to encourage everyone to invite ladies who may be curious to find out more. This event should under no circumstances considered to be a date night, but an opportunity to create new social connections. Statistically it is 2nd, 3rd & 4th degree social connections which carry the greatest possibilities for a romantic interest. Practically speaking, your next spouse could be a friend of a friend of someone you meet at the event.

Yes! Let's do it. :)
And Amsterdam sounds perfect for us as we live very close nearby.:):)
Fantastic! Let’s see if we can gather momentum from other members and potential guests in the months to come. I don’t want to share my mobile phone number publicly. How can we exchange phone numbers via a private message ?

Kudos @Sol !
You are obviously what the European contingent needed!

Nice! Hope it all happens for you guys!

How can we exchange phone numbers via a private message ?
Sol, since you're new you don't have the ability to start a private message yet, but Man@Home can send you one and you'll be able to reply.

Reactions: Sol
@Sol, an additional recomendation, if I may.... connect with @nathan and @julieb as they have run many retreats in the US over the years. Biblical Families does focus on plural, but the 'table gets set' with a solid foundation of Biblical patriarchy. They can hell with a generdl outline of how a day or two gathering might flow, ideas on topics to discuss, etc... Weekend retreats here major on fellowship but include worship, maybe a teaching or two, etc...

All the best to you as you gather the flock on that side of the pond.

Dear fellow members,

I am new to this forum. However, per suggestions received as a response to my introductory post, I’ve decided to become the torch bearer in suggesting a European meet-up. If nothing else, it would allow European members to establish the size of the local community and interest in attendance.

Myself and my wife live in the UK, but I think it would be sensible to meet in Amsterdam, NL. Perhaps we could book an evening at a restaurant in Leidsplein ?

I suggest a date in early to mid April to experience balmy weather conditions.

I look forward to receiving your comments.
Does anyone remember an old Kevin Costner movie called “Field of Dreams?” and the memorable line from that movie “If you build it they will come” ?

Well ...

I say that “If we tell them they will come!” Do we have any marketing gurus in the group would could suggest a mechanism of reaching more people who may be interested to join our meet-up? Everything will flow from connecting with as many people as possible. We’d also want to screen attendees to a certain extent. Perhaps a google form which would then lead to a manual invite to this forum ?

I’m shooting from the hip.

I'm interested in going to a retreat. Never been to Amsterdam either so some sightseeing with you all would be great too.

Excellent idea. Can't wait to see what comes of it. Keep us all posted.

Back