• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Faith: Help Thou my UNbelief

Mark C

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
It's not enough to "believe in Him." After all, "even the demons believe...and tremble."

But if we really, truly "Believe Him," how is that different?

Clearly, something many call "The Church" was wrong when it changed Scripture (or just ignored some parts) and redefined marriage. Especially whether a man can have more than one wife, but now, they might even be wrong about what followed, too, like licensed sodomy, and even "transgenderism" (even though the technically Bible only actually condemned 'cross-dressing' by other names. But, to use Paul's common metaphor, then "how much more so?")

But there's a logical contradiction. After all, if "Jesus did away with the Law," then, why can't Big Brother do the same thing?

Indeed, "lawlessness abounds," whether people disagree about His other warnings from Matthew 24 (et al) or not.

Eventually, I contend, people will be 'suckered' into taking the 'Mark of the Beast.' But they'll have lots of practice first. So the question is - for those who claim to believe IN Him - what will it take for those who think they'll refuse "when it REALLY matters," but maybe not until then, to realize it's not gonna get any easier to believe Him?

The hardest time, I suggest, to really talk about 'faith' is when it's all coming apart. Like now, but these are arguably on a few little isolated 'labor pains.'

Back