• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Faith is dying

MemeFan

Seasoned Member
Male
Hello,

I feel under spiritual attack. And this is also culmination of crisis months in coming.

I can't provide any good answer why to be Christian. More suffering is only answer I have.

Yet, I do think we Christians are supposed to be more blessed. Otherwise, less righteous would be more blessed which doesn't make any ethical sense. It would be rewarding evil with good.

Yet, I don't see any blessings in my life. There is just burned land from constant rebuilding only to be demolished. This is so tiresome. And after some time you ask yourself: my bother anymore?

I feel like I only get punishments, never rewards. What is point then?

I feel under spiritual attack.
This is 100% a spiritual attack. I've literally just been through something very similar and it was cast out of me. Though I would never not be Christian, and never denounce Him, I just didn't much feel like God loved me, or see the point in following Him much at all. Stubbornness is what kept me going.
I know that it feels real, that there is no point. And I know it feels like there are no blessings, or that the blessings He's given are burdens. Believe me when I tell you that this is not true. You are being lied to. Much of what we feel is just perspective, and it's easy to lose the right one.
My perspective has completely changed, though nothing much in my life has. There is a heaviness that is gone, and I can pray without being attacked now which wasn't the case just a few weeks ago.
Read Job if you haven't already.
I'll be praying for you.

Read Job if you haven't already.
Job is a valuable lesson for us because he came under attack for being righteous. And the spiritual attack had devastating physical outcomes for Job. The blessing we have is we know the origin of the attack because we can read the background behind it (Job chapters 1 & 2), but poor Job was totally blindsided and only had three 'friends' for comfort.

Last edited:
Hello,

I feel under spiritual attack. And this is also culmination of crisis months in coming.

I can't provide any good answer why to be Christian. More suffering is only answer I have.

Yet, I do think we Christians are supposed to be more blessed. Otherwise, less righteous would be more blessed which doesn't make any ethical sense. It would be rewarding evil with good.

Yet, I don't see any blessings in my life. There is just burned land from constant rebuilding only to be demolished. This is so tiresome. And after some time you ask yourself: my bother anymore?

Read Psalm 73 and then read Revelation 21 and 22. The psalmist felt the exact same way. I have walked through that valley at various times in my life. I will be praying for you. In this life we are promised trails and tribulations, but in the world to come our reward will be Great! Take heart, brother, and then go serve your King.

Hello,

It's part of carrying your execution stake (cross). You're going to have good times. You're going to have bad times. At times you may even have the adversary testing you - and if you resist him by holding onto the Rock - he will flee.

Remember to sing praises to him during even the rough times. The Apostles sung praises while imprisoned. Let the light shine, and the darkness will flee. The Light is his Word, and obeying his Word brings forth blessings. That's a promise - Luke 11:28.

12Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: 13But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Sometimes the lack of being able to see the light at the end of the tunnel is a harder slog than making it through the fiery trials.
“It’s just an attack” is my go-to phrase when it gets rough.

Another couple of passages that come to mind here are:
1 Cor. 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
And
Phil. 1:29 For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake.

In verse 13, from 1 Corinthians, the word temptation incorporates the idea of testing, trial, or calamity. When it come to facing the difficulties or discouragements of life, there's nothing totally unique to what you or I will face. Others have faced similar and God, who is faithful, won't allow you to face more than He knows you can handle.

From the passage in Philippians we are reminded that, just as salvation is a gift of grace so is it a gift of grace to suffer. Unbelievers think suffering is a curse, but true believers know the privilege they are being given to suffer for His sake. To Him be the glory. Shalom

Glad it's getting better. Life just sucks. Even Christ suffered on the earth. In Luke 9:58 Jesus said that, "Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head."
Christ and all the best men on this earth were not above the suffering that happens here. And yet after all their trials they were blessed. Joseph was sold into Egypt as a slave and through that all God prospered him wherever he went until he was second to Pharoah.

As he said to his disciples in Matthew 6, "Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?... Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his rigteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." And in Luke 12:6-7 "Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows."

For me in hard times when everything is just going wrong, I notice and am grateful that God is always answering my small prayers. When my precious lop died I got a mini lop who adored me for free. When my shoes were worn and I could not afford another pair he answered my prayer and I received just what I needed. So even if the big things are still hard and there are a lot of unanswered questions I know he has still been kind and has blessed and will still bless me in many many other ways.

Psalms 55:22 "Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."

Last edited:
I'll pray for you @MemeFan.

One thing I've found to lift my spirits is earnestly praying for others. It helps me see the Lord, and strengthens my faith.

As @FollowingHim said, we are Christians because it is true. We are Christians because Jesus Christ is the Son of God, because He has risen from the dead, because He loves us. He Himself is the Blessing. He is worthy of our love and service.

All that is easy to say, but sometimes hard to believe. I pray that the Lord will bless you.

Reading a book like Foxes Book of Martyrs, looking at the struggles and hardships others have faced or are facing, going to places where people are living under severe poverty, etc., helps one to get a better perspective on life. Since I've travelled to some of the provincial areas here and seen the difficulties people face, it has helped reshape my appreciation for the goodness and mercy of God toward me.

Last week I went with a church medical mission team to a remote part of the island. It was an opportunity to share the gospel and do some of those good works which God prepared for us to walk in (cf. Eph. 2:10). I can say with all honesty it helps one to remember to thank God for food, water, clothing, and a roof over your head because some of the people we encountered have very little of even those most basic essentials. And seeing small children suffering with serious medical issues that the parents can't afford to treat brings tears to your eyes.

There is a guy who travel vlogs here who made a video of his experience with a different medical mission team he got involved with a few weeks back. I'll put the link for those who might be interested to see it.

Hello,

I can't comment on much of what you have to say beyond the fact thst it is not a unique struggle. That doesn't sound comforting as such but the point is that most people struggle with life's meaning whether in a spiritual sense or simple practical terms or any number of new ways as the world becomes more complicated. So, you are in if not good company as such, you are very much in bloody enormous company. Down right crowded

Probably one of the least comforting on this topic as I am not sure what I believe or where I fit. The thing is that I am used to it so it is not as uncomfortable as what you are going though. So just a little insight from the oddball in the group...consider how you will act differently within your life during this crisis of faith. In the event that you decide to reject your faith, will you suddenly start being cruel to people or care less about others in your life? Will you be less charitable and suddenly more apt to cheat or abuse strangers?
Silly notion right?
What I am getting at is that you are still you even if dealing with some doubts at the moment. Try to mentally and emotionally put the crisis back a bit and focus on other aspects of life rather than over thinking the issue. I will wager that if you just take time to regain your center and adjust your smooth...be it via religious ritual or a hobby or accomplishing neglected tasks...just allow yourself to come to your own conclusion naturally. Don't push it or force it. Maybe you will get a sign or gain some wisdom while you were busy focusing on something else.

red-green-the-red-green-show.gif

Back