• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Fall 2017 Retreat, November 17-19, Central Texas

andrew

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
Save the dates! We'll be holding our fall retreat in the Hill Country near Austin, Texas the third weekend in November (the weekend before Thanksgiving). Watch this space and our monthly newsletters for more information!

Suh-WEET!! :D

Awesome! Hope to meet y'all there!

You could if we had any! :eek: It may be September before we have a location nailed down, for now all we can do is announce the date so y'all can keep it blocked out while we put together the event. Having posted here, you'll get email notification (if your account is set up that way) when we finally announce the details. Plus info will go out in the newsletter, plus we'll probably put up a banner ad here on the forum. You'll know as soon as we know! :cool:

Planning is gearing up, and it would help if any Texas or surrounding-states peeps that are considering joining us but haven't already indicated some interest would let us know here what you're thinking. Just need a rough head count to figure out what kind of place we're looking for.

Great, 31! Looking forward to it.

We just went to our first retreat in Tennessee this summer. The fellowship is great, the people are mostly wonderful, (a few cantankerous ones like me :rolleyes:) and it was just an all around good time. Don't plan on sleeping much : ). Good music, good friends, neat people and really good food.

This is the time when retreat planning is kicking into gear. We wanted to get the dates out as soon as possible so everyone could "save the date", but Nathan and I have both had really busy summers, and things are just now (sort of) simmering down a bit.

What I can tell you is that we are focused in the Central Texas, Austin/San Antonio corridor, looking at the relative merits of (a) a hotel retreat in either Austin or San Antonio, or (b) a retreat center or camp somewhere in the Hill Country between and west of the two cities. We'll let you know when we zero in on something, and meanwhile if anyone is familiar with the area and has a recommendation please message that to me as soon as possible. (Like now—go do it now. ;))

Planning is gearing up, and it would help if any Texas or surrounding-states peeps that are considering joining us but haven't already indicated some interest would let us know here what you're thinking. Just need a rough head count to figure out what kind of place we're looking for.
My wife and I will attend. We'll be in the Hill Counrty that week visiting family.

i hear they's got a concrete pond we can fish in. If'n ma and pa don't mind none.

Put me own as a hopeful, if I can swing a load through.

Yea!! We'll be praying for that!

Bump. Second call for head count. Anybody else thinking about attending or need more info on the Texas retreat in November? (No need to reply if you've already posted above.)

Back