• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

FAQ: Mental Preparation for PM

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
I'm an existing wife. We're talking about PM, and I'm for it. But realistically, I know that there will be challenges.

What can I do, mentally, to prepare?

This is an oft asked question, and there have been some excellent answers on this forum. This FAQ response will be expanded to include some of them as we review several years' worth of posts. -- BF Staff

Isabella said:
The most excellent active thing you can do that I know of is improving your communication skills. Not just the way you communicate inside the home, but all your communications. Be aware of moments when you may be acting passive aggressively, where maybe you are expecting someone else to guess that you are upset. Where maybe you may leave something stewing....all these bad forms of communicating are very difficult to cope with in a Polygamous family. Men have tools they have learnt from dealing with women, but adult women don't have that experience so we may end up more frustrated with each other because we see our own bad communication habits reflected in each other.

Do not be surprised if you are accusing each other about the exact same thing....some women think they are excellent at communicating, not realising that they are just excellent at explaining things to her husband....it is so not the same thing

Bels

Related FAQ Topics: