• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

FAQ: Why would a single woman be open to plural marriage?

Paul not the apostle

Real Person
The benefits are so far endless. I would like to comment based on my recent experience as a polygnist. My husband and his first wife (I'm the second) go to work every morning. They used to debate who would take the kids to daycare. Then they would discuss why the other should bring them. This conversation would continue to, and I'm saying this as an onlooker, be about who was more late. Well, I have taken the kids for the past week or so and now my spouses leave every morning less flustered and the kids aren't rushed out.

The benefit of more than one other spouse is the delegation of tasks/chores that caused so much unneccesary stress. I love that the kids each get a few moments with me individually and I in turn get to show them that, although biologically they aren't mine, with God's love in me, they are so much my very own children.

To address the question of "why would you want to share your house/husband/children etc. With another woman?". This is a question that 10% Christians don't understand. The Lord gave us all these things. When you truly believe that the Lord is directing and guiding your life, you know that these are the blessings the Lord has bestowed on you. When one knows this it is no longer about you, there is no room for selfishness or jealousy. Our only jobs on this earth, in these temporary homes, is to worship the Lord with our words, actions and most of all by pouring the love out that the Lord has poured in. Realistically, the love I've had in me, along with my husband and his other wife, was always too much for only one spouse and too much for two children. Our lives were built by God for the sole purpose to build our family as Biblically as possible.

Don't get me wrong, we have our struggles, our battles, but when all is done through the guidance of our Savior, we have nothing to fear, no reason not to forgive, no reason to hold onto selfishness or jealousy. No reason not to love as much as possible to as many people as the Lord sees fit.

I respect monogamy however I don't see it as the way I was meant to live my life. This is a tough road to hoe but we all know as 100% Christians that the trials we are given the Lord does not make us go alone.

Threecords
There are single women out there, even if it's a small percentage, who would rather share a Godly Christian man than to have none at all or settle for a sluggard.

DeeAnn

Back