• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Favorite Books!

WifeOfHisYouth

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
What are your favorite books to read/ listen to? I completed numerous books recently and am looking for more to add to my list.

I prefer audio books through our library just due to the busy-little-kid-phase I’m in (no time to sit down with a good book!) but I’ll take all recommendations.

Hit me with your best book(s)!

♥️

Oh, there are so many! To Kill A Mockingbird, anything by Francine Rivers, anything by John Grisham, anything by Joel Rosenberg, Captivating, Wild At Heart, anything by Charles Martin, Interrupted by Kathrine Lee. That should get you started....

For business titles, Start With Why by Simon Sinek, Atomic Habits, Leaders Eat Last,

Psychological Types by Carl Jung, I have to reread it a few times.

I want to read "The Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals" by Charles Darwin

Maybe this is old news to most, but I just recently learned of the genre labeled "Cozy Mysteries". They are books that are what I would call light mysteries that sometimes have a tiny hint of romance. I do NOT like romance books, but I can tolerate these [so far]. Do a search for "cozy mysteries" and you should find the same website I did that lists all sorts of options with both new and old authors. They are easy to follow while working around the house, and so far I believe all I've listen to would be safe for little ears.
Another series I absolutely loved was "The Trail Series" by David R Lewis ["old west" setting]. Lots of cussing, so not appropriate for children [in my opinion] but so engaging and excellent storylines. The good guys always win, and I was "sad" when I finished the series. The audio recording is great. "Deer Run" is the first in the series.
Child friendly - The Little House series. Not just for children!
Ooooooo - To Kill A Mockingbird, Uncle Tom's Cabin, anything by Charles Dickens ... but they can all be too much for me to process / follow while working in the kitchen, so I save those types of books [the wordy ones with intricate plots and beautiful grammar / language] for quiet reading - I do the audio, but follow along in the book.

Non-Fiction - I second "Atomic Habits". I really enjoyed listening to Dana K White's books about decluttering [one of them is Decluttering at the Speed of Life]. She did the audio, and she just cracks me up. I used to read a lot more non-fiction, but titles are escaping me right now.

Back