• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Support Fellowship

Evo

Female
Hi All!
I hope each one of you is doing well.

I would like to know for those who don't go to church, how do you do to nourish with the word of God?

What about fellowship? How do you organise yourself?

I am an over-the-road truck driver, so I typically am not even in my home state during our sabbath observance. So we hold our fellowship over the phone, sharing it with another couple at this time. We may expand a bit further as it works out.
All of us are pretty grounded in the Word and we study other voices, sharing the heart of what we learn during the week. We feel that this closely resembles how the early churches functioned. (With the exception of the phone part :D)

We have a shabbat home fellowship with about 6-7 families participating on average. Typically the man of the host home will lead or facilitate... we usually worship and study for about three hours or so then eat covered dish, fellowship a while before finishing with 30-60 minutes of prayer time.

The whole fellowship issue has been propagandized by the Organized Religion promoters, starting with translating a Greek word (ekklesia) that means gathering to mean 'church,' as in a building or a restricted-membership organization of people who meet in the same place all the time; i.e., "Where do you go to church?"

I take Scripture more literally than that and do not believe I have to go through a pastor, a priest, a church or a denomination to get to God and Christ. "Where two or more are gathered in His Name . . ." Therefore, any time Christ is made present between me and another member of the Body, we are fellowshipping.

Practically speaking, I do a great deal of my fellowshipping right here at biblicalfamilies.org, and some of the best fellowshipping imaginable takes place at Biblical Families gatherings. In addition, I have certain individuals in my life who approach their relationships with God and Christ similarly to how I approach mine, so I make sure I get on the phone with those folks on a regular basis, and by regular that can mean weekly or monthly or prn.

I asked this question because here I haven't met people thinking this way and for me going to these so called "churches" is not an option.

Do you know some preachers on YouTube that you could recommend?

I never recommend preachers, except under the rare circumstances in which the preacher isn't trying to make preaching a cottage industry that is supposed to provide him and his family with an ongoing income stream with great health and dental benefits, something for which I find no biblical support. I can't remember the last time that happened, it's been so long ago.

Back