Finding a church family

Discussion in 'Links of Interest' started by Mikki G., Nov 20, 2017.

1. Mikki G.

Mikki G. Well-Known Member Female

Hey everybody, I looked for topics on finding a church family and didnt really see anything on the subject. As most of u know my famiky and I live in fort worth texas. We have been here for almost a year now and have yet to find a good church to attend. In the town I'm from (Klamath falls, Oregon) there was a church that I was apart of but was asked to leave because of past issues. So by moving here I have been really really hesitant on finding a new church family because of how my beliefs might differ from others in the church. (I offiliate more towards the prodestant beliefs.) So my question is, how have some of you who live PM found a good well grounded church family to attend?

2. mystic

mystic Well-Known Member Male

FollowingHim and Kevin like this.
  3. cnystrom

cnystrom Well-Known Member Male

Note: That is a really old thread!

The short answer is that you will not likely find a local polygyny accepting group. They just do not exist.

Practicing polygynists either have to worship at home or keep their beliefs close to the vest until they are found out and then find a new church.

Non-practicing polygyny supporters (like myself) can blend in easily by keeping their beliefs about polygyny to themselves.

A big part of the reason for Bibilical Families retreats is to provide Christian fellowship to those that otherwise might not get it.

If you just want to find a Christian group, you might be most comfortable by just looking for the closest one to the kind of church that you used to attend.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  4. ZecAustin

ZecAustin Esteemed Member Male

There really is no good option for us. I take my family to a very good hearted mainstream church just so we do get fellowship, I have a little accountability and the kids can participate in the children's programs which really are pretty good as far as they go.

The plan is to start cleaning coalescing a group of people slowly who suddenly realize organically one day that they're a congregation. That is taking some time though.

5. cnystrom

cnystrom Well-Known Member Male

andrew, jkstrick, ZecAustin and 2 others like this.
  6. Mikki G.

Thanks

7. cubanito

cubanito Well-Known Member

Wish there was one near West Georgia too. Is a little lonely in the wilderness.

Mikki G. likes this.
  8. andrew

andrew Administrator Staff Member Male

Mikki, I periodically host gatherings in my home for like-minded folks (I'm about three hours south of you). Won't be for another couple of months at the earliest, but if we get something going I'll post about it on the forum.

9. Mikki G.

It gets super lonely.

10. Mikki G.

Oh please that would be great

Curtis Gerhart likes this.
  11. cubanito

Yup. Like living on an island

Mikki G. likes this.
  12. cubanito

We might fly there and rent a car one day to visit you guys. I think driving from south atl is about 10 hrs right?

andrew likes this.
  13. andrew

I think more like 12-13. Depends how you drive.... ;)

Mikki G. likes this.
  14. Kevin

Kevin Esteemed Member Male

I'm 3 hours from Dallas and 5 and 1/2 from you. I believe they a have a straighter shot down to you so like 3 and 1/2 hours from Dallas to You.

Mikki G. likes this.
  15. andrew

Wires crossed. Three hours for Mikki; 12-13 for cubanito.

cubanito, Mikki G. and Kevin like this.
  16. MeganC

MeganC Well-Known Member Female

Not to "out" anyone but I have it on pretty good authority that the United Church of Christ (UCC) has a number of poly-friendly congregations.

17. Mikki G.

Man some of these texas drivers are crazy. Lol moving here from Oregon I thought i was gonna die driving on the freeways here hahahaha

18. Mikki G.

Oh nice. Ill have to look into that :rolleyes:

MeganC likes this.
  19. andrew

True dat. Stay away from Houston.... ;)

Mikki G. likes this.
  20. cubanito

One weekend maybe some of us can come and visit. Fly in and drive from there maybe?
    We missed the TX retreat. Hopefully soon we can visit. We have been driving many trips to Miami. Tired of that 13 hour drive. At least we improved it from 16 hours with stops. An inverter with Crock-Pots made a big difference.
    Could have used a self driving van that pulls a decent trailer.
    Anything, maybe even a teleconference once in a while might help.

Mikki G. and andrew like this.