• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Finding a church family

Mikki G.

Female
Hey everybody, I looked for topics on finding a church family and didnt really see anything on the subject. As most of u know my famiky and I live in fort worth texas. We have been here for almost a year now and have yet to find a good church to attend. In the town I'm from (Klamath falls, Oregon) there was a church that I was apart of but was asked to leave because of past issues. So by moving here I have been really really hesitant on finding a new church family because of how my beliefs might differ from others in the church. (I offiliate more towards the prodestant beliefs.) So my question is, how have some of you who live PM found a good well grounded church family to attend?

Note: That is a really old thread!

The short answer is that you will not likely find a local polygyny accepting group. They just do not exist.

Practicing polygynists either have to worship at home or keep their beliefs close to the vest until they are found out and then find a new church.

Non-practicing polygyny supporters (like myself) can blend in easily by keeping their beliefs about polygyny to themselves.

A big part of the reason for Bibilical Families retreats is to provide Christian fellowship to those that otherwise might not get it.

If you just want to find a Christian group, you might be most comfortable by just looking for the closest one to the kind of church that you used to attend.

Last edited:
There really is no good option for us. I take my family to a very good hearted mainstream church just so we do get fellowship, I have a little accountability and the kids can participate in the children's programs which really are pretty good as far as they go.

The plan is to start cleaning coalescing a group of people slowly who suddenly realize organically one day that they're a congregation. That is taking some time though.

Mikki, I periodically host gatherings in my home for like-minded folks (I'm about three hours south of you). Won't be for another couple of months at the earliest, but if we get something going I'll post about it on the forum.

Mikki, I periodically host gatherings in my home for like-minded folks (I'm about three hours south of you). Won't be for another couple of months at the earliest, but if we get something going I'll post about it on the forum.
We might fly there and rent a car one day to visit you guys. I think driving from south atl is about 10 hrs right?

I think more like 12-13. Depends how you drive.... ;)

I think more like 12-13. Depends how you drive.... ;)
I'm 3 hours from Dallas and 5 and 1/2 from you. I believe they a have a straighter shot down to you so like 3 and 1/2 hours from Dallas to You.

Wires crossed. Three hours for Mikki; 12-13 for cubanito.

Man some of these texas drivers are crazy. Lol moving here from Oregon I thought i was gonna die driving on the freeways here hahahaha
True dat. Stay away from Houston.... ;)

One weekend maybe some of us can come and visit. Fly in and drive from there maybe?
We missed the TX retreat. Hopefully soon we can visit. We have been driving many trips to Miami. Tired of that 13 hour drive. At least we improved it from 16 hours with stops. An inverter with Crock-Pots made a big difference.
Could have used a self driving van that pulls a decent trailer.
Anything, maybe even a teleconference once in a while might help.

Back