• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Finding a New Church

What about finding out what home groups the other church runs, and starting to attend one of those during the week sometime, while continuing to go to your family church on Sundays? That way you would continue to maintain all the connections that you have to the people there, and avoid upsetting your family so maintain your family relationships too, while still gaining the fellowship of a whole new group of people. You'd then be learning about God from two different denominational perspectives at the same time, which may give you opportunities to compare and contrast, and grow further in your understanding.
That's a good perspective and very sound advice.

What about finding out what home groups the other church runs, and starting to attend one of those during the week sometime, while continuing to go to your family church on Sundays?
I guess I never thought to look to see if the other church has home groups! I will look into that because that are having a 101 about the church coming up that I'm going to attend. I still really enjoy the other church services and feel like I actually am learning from the Bible instead of reading two small verses and then turning it into a funny relatable story with very few mentionings back to the verses. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to go to my home church services and then when I get done there watch the sermon online from the new church, while (if they do have them) going to home groups :)
You'd then be learning about God from two different denominational perspectives at the same time, which may give you opportunities to compare and contrast, and grow further in your understanding.
That is true! I've already noticed some differences in the teaching I had grown up with to some past sermons I've watched online of the other church. I've asked God to open my eyes and give me wisdom and I've already felt a shift in my viewpoints because of the evidence I've been seeing. For example, my old pastor I grew up with was a women and I always felt like that's totally normal! I heard from some people that women can't preach in the church and I used to think that was crazy and "suppressive". But thru my own learning and having my eyes opened thru friends knowledge as well I've seen that it preaches in different places in the Bible that having a women preach/lead the church is not what was supposed to happen. One verse that really speaks to this is 1 Timothy 2:11-13.

Thank you for your wisdom!

Back