• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

First Timothy Four, doctrines OF demons

Now to try and answer some of the other members comments. I started a response weeks ago, but it has been uncommonly busy, and I have many projects I'm trying to keep up with.

To begin with let me state for the record that we are not interested in attempting to convince anyone that we are right, and they are wrong. After all, "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."
We are also not interested in trying to teach (especially speaking for myself here, as I am a woman) people who only ask more questions, without dealing with the questions we have already put forth for discussion.

In the down time between our last post and this one, I have read and pondered this topic, and contemplated a response.
I have also had an interesting and relevant conversation with a neighbor. I'll share the details a bit later in this post.

We started with the old testament because we believe it is the foundation of christianity, shows us the real nature of God, and outlines our duties to Him, and each other, as believers. We also believe there was a major shift in perception between the time of the old testament, and the new, and we doubt that the change was from YHWH Himself.
If YHWH as He revealed Himself to Moses does not resemble the God most Christians would describe, which account or perception should we believe?

These are issues I had to work through years ago, as I dealt with the differences in doctrine between the LDS church I was raised in, and the plain teachings of the bible. It was the spirit of "Come, let us reason together" that led me (or rather us :) ) to the understanding we now share.

I have asked my Mormon family members to explain how this war in heaven, that they believe happened in the pre-existence (which is itself an oxymoron) could be the one described in revelation, since revelation plainly states that John was to write the vision, because the events depicted in it must shortly come to pass? One uncle had an answer, but I still think it lacked a biblical foundation. They believe that Satan and Jesus were brothers, which is pretty close to what the paper on demonology I found online puts forth about the origin of demons. (It echos the spirits of dead nephilim belief, and a fallen angel origin for satan, I will try and post more about that later)

Now there are other men who have asked questions, and done loads of research both in the bible, and studying the origins of various doctrines relating to evil, so we really don't want to try and cover such a huge subject comprehensively, and we really don't want to just argue about doctrine.
A question on deciding which extra biblical books one should consider as scripture comes to mind, and I asked all my Mormon relatives the same question (because they have other "scriptures" too). We have not yet reached the end of the prophecies found in Ezekiel, Daniel, Obadiah, and other biblical prophets, why do we need another book, especially since the beautiful continuity found in the bible is rarely continued or even found in the other volumes they call scripture? Mormons read into the bible their ideas about God, and Christians can do the same. It is only when you really dig in and let the way a word is used in the bible define it, that you actually understand what it means.

It was understanding the faults and unbiblical nature of Mormon doctrine, that opened our eyes to what we see now in other denominations doctrines.

Ecclesiastes states that "Fearing YHWH and keeping His commands is the whole duty of man." Is this to be believed, or do we also have a moral obligation to fight against hordes of demons sent by satan?
Maybe I should share that my Mormon family believed in evil spirits, and that when I was a child we would go to my grandparents so my aunt who was spiritually sensitive could help us in casting them out? Or maybe I should share how I experienced deliverance only ten years ago? Or maybe it would be better to stick with something less subjective then my experiences, since my experiences are no authority to get doctrine from, and the bible, especially the old testament is!!

One article I read is this one, talking about extreme beliefs, and it makes some excellent points. Please read it (if or when time allows) and then contemplate what real benefit there is to believing that the almighty creator has an evil opponent out there, that by most accounts is dragging more poor souls to destruction then are finding the straight and narrow?

To slumberfreeze. Did you notice who put forth the doctrine that there even is a "Prince of the devils?'" Beelzebub was the name of the Babylonian's dung God. Given that Jesus warned against the doctrines of the Pharisees and Saducees what reason would a believer have for giving their teachings credibility?

Now I said I would tell you more about the conversation with the neighbor. He shared with me how when he was a younger man he had vivid dreams, that would come true. He talked to the pastor at the church he was attending, seeking help understanding these experiences. After talking with the pastor, the pastor concluded that he (our neighbor) was a devil worshipper, and refused him baptism, or other help!

Evil doesn't exist. It is simply an absence of God like cold is an absence of he's or dark is an absence of light. There is no physical, corporeal thing that is cold or dark. So God didn't "create" evil. Its just the vacuum that occurs when He withdraws His Presence.
The curses promised in Deut certainly sound more deliberate, and active then simply withdrawing His presence, and J_wickey already pointed out the verses in Isaiah where YHWH says he creates evil. Certainly there could be something lost in translation, but it does not in any way appear to be in conflict with the rest of the scripture, to give YHWH credit for creating evil. Job did.

Now on demonology. I looked at a paper online teaching about demons, and the importance of "knowing the enemy" so to speak. It claimed that there are three forces at work in the world today, God power, man power, and demon power, and we MUST understand all three. There was then a list of "facts" about Satan aka lucifer (but they use all terms relating to evil interchangably!) Some of the verses they are using to establish their satan facts are actually discussing mortal men, like the kings of babylon and tyre.
Since there is no record anywhere in the scripture of satan going against the will of God, it is far more likely that he is just a tool (as J_wickey stated) that YHWH uses for His purposes. Think about it for a second, without the biases you were raised with. Did YHWH promise death and curses for transgression of His law? YES HE DID! All sin is by definition transgression of His law. Notice what the paper on Demonology says about demons...their names for example? Every demon's name is just a reflection of a heart that needs adjusting! Isn't it possible that demons are just part of the curses that YHWH promised for us not keeping His law, and that staying on the right side of the line (Fear YHWH and keep His commandments) would eliminate any and all issues with them?
I have read material from many places, including a church that ministers deliverance. One of their booklets was titled "Deliverance, a walk not an event" and another was "Holding your deliverance" why? Because if your heart and actions are not in keeping with YHWH's law and righteousness, you are constantly "earning" their presence in your life.

Evil is still very evil, but Jesus said it's origin is the hearts of men. Hearts that do not have His law written on them. When you have a desire to do right, people murdering others for their own personal gain, is beyond comprehension.....but that is what evil men do.....daily. Once you wrap your head around YHWH being in complete control of evil too, you see that the american president, and other world players are, like pharaoh of old, just doing YHWH's will. It would be a waste of effort to fight against what is happening, He is moving things right along toward that battle of gog and magog, and somewhere along the timeline babylon goes down, for good and forever! (jump for joy and shout hallelujahs!!!)

So the original Hebrew says demons, the Aramaic and Greek classical translations also say 'demons'.
I think at this point it's head-in-the-sand to deny their existence.

The scripture also has names of false gods, their names being there does not make them real, but real or not they do have a destructive influence on people who choose to believe in them. What matters in understanding the scripture is what was believed by the people of that time, and also what the author of those words meant by what he wrote. That is what everyone else after them works at discerning. If the people of Timothy's time believed that demons were the spirits of dead men, and that some were good and helped man, while others were evil and worked to hurt man, and these concepts are NOT biblical, then Timothy might have been trying to communicate that belief in that concept of demons was without a scriptural foundation......and that people of our time (in that latter day apostasy) were going to believe in them. Check those scripture references given in a demonology curriculum like this one for context and accuracy. Do the verses actually say what they claim? Then ask yourself what satan does that man cannot do just as well without him? Man's heart and will is evil enough alone!

Even this reply was written with many interruptions. I hope it is not too hard to follow.

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I really appreciate it. Very thought provoking. May I recommend reading the Book of Enoch if you haven't already. Though I realize that in its present condition it is possible that it suffers from translation bias, it still is a very valuable read for perspective on the subject and there are still Christian based communities that include it in there cannon like the Ethiopian church. I wish there was an Ethiopian to English translation available but as of yet I am not aware of one.

To slumberfreeze. Did you notice who put forth the doctrine that there even is a "Prince of the devils?'" Beelzebub was the name of the Babylonian's dung God. Given that Jesus warned against the doctrines of the Pharisees and Saducees what reason would a believer have for giving their teachings credibility?

I feel like my concerns were deflected here, rather than addressed.

My question remains the same, but allow me to re-state it in long form.

If demons do not exist:

What did Jesus cast out of people?

Who identified themselves as "Legion" and asked for permission to inhabit a nearby herd of pigs? (And why did that herd of pigs then throw itself into the water and drown?)

What does Jesus mean when He tells disciples to cast out demons?

Help me out here!

Any doctrine that explains that demons do not exist must then fill the void left by their absence. The teachings of the Pharisees don't drown enough pigs for my needs.

The Sadducees obviously would have merely taught the pigs that neither angels nor demons exist, so I think we can let them off the hook.

I feel like my concerns were deflected here, rather than addressed.

My question remains the same, but allow me to re-state it in long form.

If demons do not exist:

What did Jesus cast out of people?

Who identified themselves as "Legion" and asked for permission to inhabit a nearby herd of pigs? (And why did that herd of pigs then throw itself into the water and drown?)

What does Jesus mean when He tells disciples to cast out demons?

Help me out here!

Any doctrine that explains that demons do not exist must then fill the void left by their absence. The teachings of the Pharisees don't drown enough pigs for my needs.

The Sadducees obviously would have merely taught the pigs that neither angels nor demons exist, so I think we can let them off the hook.

This may have been the most deft use of sarcasm I have ever seen. Well done.

Now to try and answer some of the other members comments. I started a response weeks ago, but it has been uncommonly busy, and I have many projects I'm trying to keep up with.

To begin with let me state for the record that we are not interested in attempting to convince anyone that we are right, and they are wrong. After all, "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."
We are also not interested in trying to teach (especially speaking for myself here, as I am a woman) people who only ask more questions, without dealing with the questions we have already put forth for discussion.

In the down time between our last post and this one, I have read and pondered this topic, and contemplated a response.
I have also had an interesting and relevant conversation with a neighbor. I'll share the details a bit later in this post.

We started with the old testament because we believe it is the foundation of christianity, shows us the real nature of God, and outlines our duties to Him, and each other, as believers. We also believe there was a major shift in perception between the time of the old testament, and the new, and we doubt that the change was from YHWH Himself.
If YHWH as He revealed Himself to Moses does not resemble the God most Christians would describe, which account or perception should we believe?

These are issues I had to work through years ago, as I dealt with the differences in doctrine between the LDS church I was raised in, and the plain teachings of the bible. It was the spirit of "Come, let us reason together" that led me (or rather us :) ) to the understanding we now share.

I have asked my Mormon family members to explain how this war in heaven, that they believe happened in the pre-existence (which is itself an oxymoron) could be the one described in revelation, since revelation plainly states that John was to write the vision, because the events depicted in it must shortly come to pass? One uncle had an answer, but I still think it lacked a biblical foundation. They believe that Satan and Jesus were brothers, which is pretty close to what the paper on demonology I found online puts forth about the origin of demons. (It echos the spirits of dead nephilim belief, and a fallen angel origin for satan, I will try and post more about that later)

Now there are other men who have asked questions, and done loads of research both in the bible, and studying the origins of various doctrines relating to evil, so we really don't want to try and cover such a huge subject comprehensively, and we really don't want to just argue about doctrine.
A question on deciding which extra biblical books one should consider as scripture comes to mind, and I asked all my Mormon relatives the same question (because they have other "scriptures" too). We have not yet reached the end of the prophecies found in Ezekiel, Daniel, Obadiah, and other biblical prophets, why do we need another book, especially since the beautiful continuity found in the bible is rarely continued or even found in the other volumes they call scripture? Mormons read into the bible their ideas about God, and Christians can do the same. It is only when you really dig in and let the way a word is used in the bible define it, that you actually understand what it means.

It was understanding the faults and unbiblical nature of Mormon doctrine, that opened our eyes to what we see now in other denominations doctrines.

Ecclesiastes states that "Fearing YHWH and keeping His commands is the whole duty of man." Is this to be believed, or do we also have a moral obligation to fight against hordes of demons sent by satan?
Maybe I should share that my Mormon family believed in evil spirits, and that when I was a child we would go to my grandparents so my aunt who was spiritually sensitive could help us in casting them out? Or maybe I should share how I experienced deliverance only ten years ago? Or maybe it would be better to stick with something less subjective then my experiences, since my experiences are no authority to get doctrine from, and the bible, especially the old testament is!!

One article I read is this one, talking about extreme beliefs, and it makes some excellent points. Please read it (if or when time allows) and then contemplate what real benefit there is to believing that the almighty creator has an evil opponent out there, that by most accounts is dragging more poor souls to destruction then are finding the straight and narrow?

Now I said I would tell you more about the conversation with the neighbor. He shared with me how when he was a younger man he had vivid dreams, that would come true. He talked to the pastor at the church he was attending, seeking help understanding these experiences. After talking with the pastor, the pastor concluded that he (our neighbor) was a devil worshipper, and refused him baptism, or other help!

The curses promised in Deut certainly sound more deliberate, and active then simply withdrawing His presence, and J_wickey already pointed out the verses in Isaiah where YHWH says he creates evil. Certainly there could be something lost in translation, but it does not in any way appear to be in conflict with the rest of the scripture, to give YHWH credit for creating evil. Job did.

Now on demonology. I looked at a paper online teaching about demons, and the importance of "knowing the enemy" so to speak. It claimed that there are three forces at work in the world today, God power, man power, and demon power, and we MUST understand all three. There was then a list of "facts" about Satan aka lucifer (but they use all terms relating to evil interchangably!) Some of the verses they are using to establish their satan facts are actually discussing mortal men, like the kings of babylon and tyre.
Since there is no record anywhere in the scripture of satan going against the will of God, it is far more likely that he is just a tool (as J_wickey stated) that YHWH uses for His purposes. Think about it for a second, without the biases you were raised with. Did YHWH promise death and curses for transgression of His law? YES HE DID! All sin is by definition transgression of His law. Notice what the paper on Demonology says about demons...their names for example? Every demon's name is just a reflection of a heart that needs adjusting! Isn't it possible that demons are just part of the curses that YHWH promised for us not keeping His law, and that staying on the right side of the line (Fear YHWH and keep His commandments) would eliminate any and all issues with them?
I have read material from many places, including a church that ministers deliverance. One of their booklets was titled "Deliverance, a walk not an event" and another was "Holding your deliverance" why? Because if your heart and actions are not in keeping with YHWH's law and righteousness, you are constantly "earning" their presence in your life.

Evil is still very evil, but Jesus said it's origin is the hearts of men. Hearts that do not have His law written on them. When you have a desire to do right, people murdering others for their own personal gain, is beyond comprehension.....but that is what evil men do.....daily. Once you wrap your head around YHWH being in complete control of evil too, you see that the american president, and other world players are, like pharaoh of old, just doing YHWH's will. It would be a waste of effort to fight against what is happening, He is moving things right along toward that battle of gog and magog, and somewhere along the timeline babylon goes down, for good and forever! (jump for joy and shout hallelujahs!!!)

The scripture also has names of false gods, their names being there does not make them real, but real or not they do have a destructive influence on people who choose to believe in them. What matters in understanding the scripture is what was believed by the people of that time, and also what the author of those words meant by what he wrote. That is what everyone else after them works at discerning. If the people of Timothy's time believed that demons were the spirits of dead men, and that some were good and helped man, while others were evil and worked to hurt man, and these concepts are NOT biblical, then Timothy might have been trying to communicate that belief in that concept of demons was without a scriptural foundation......and that people of our time (in that latter day apostasy) were going to believe in them. Check those scripture references given in a demonology curriculum like this one for context and accuracy. Do the verses actually say what they claim? Then ask yourself what satan does that man cannot do just as well without him? Man's heart and will is evil enough alone!

Even this reply was written with many interruptions. I hope it is not too hard to follow.
You double posted accidentally.
Probably want to delete one of the posts

"God is Light and in Him is no darkness at all."

I land very closely to where @ZecAustin is at on this one...

In my humble opinion the whole gospel message and Hashem's plan of redemption seen hermeneutically through scripture begins to become blurry and lose meaning if we actually attribute evil to our Holy God!

In my humble opinion the whole gospel message and Hashem's plan of redemption seen hermeneutically through scripture begins to become blurry and lose meaning if we actually attribute evil to our Holy God!
Yes, my understanding has always been that the actual definition of evil is "an attempt to thwart Hashem's will".
Hashem therefore can't do something evil or be the author of it as it makes no sense; the moment He wants it to happen by definition it can not be evil...because it's His will.

@Joleneakamama, by only quoting Old Testament references in your first post you do bias the issue severely, ignoring not only the New Testament verses as mentioned by Slumberfreeze, but also ignoring those Old Testament-period books that were rejected by rabbinical Judaism and are thus not in our current canon. Those books that have a stronger focus on demonology, Enoch and Tobit, have been removed. Enoch explains what demons are and where they originated (the disembodied spirits of the nephilim killed in the flood) - note that multiple copies of Enoch have been found at Qumran, they evidently considered it an important text to preserve, and the Ethiopian church considered this book canonical. Most importantly, Enoch is extensively cited in Jude, and is where the judgement of the angels recorded in 2 Peter 2:4 comes from (this is not recorded in Genesis). Tobit describes active demonic oppression in the pre-Christian period, as well as casting out of demons, quite similar to that described in the Gospels and Acts. Because the references in the current OT are patchy we must consider all relevant sources (ie both NT and apocryphal, provided they do not contradict the accepted texts) in order to build a full understanding of this issue, to ensure we are drawing on the expertise of as many scholars as possible and not just building our own mistaken conclusions on limited information.

Remember that if demons do exist, they'd want you to believe they didn't, so you wouldn't even think to stand in opposition to them...

I do not claim to have perfect knowledge, I never will. I believe the spiritual world is far more complex than we can ever fully comprehend. However, based on Genesis, Jude, 2 Peter and Enoch, it is clear that angels exist, some chose to rebel and produce angel/human hybrid offspring called nephilim, the flood killed the nephilim, and the angels were bound in prison awaiting final judgement. According to the Gospels, Acts and Tobit it is clear that demons exist, and that they are similar to but possibly slightly distinct from evil spirits (Tobit 6:7). They can affect and even speak through people, and they fear judgement - they have personality (e.g. Luke 8:30-33).

However I do agree with you that everything ultimately originates from YHWH, and that this therefore includes evil also, in some way. The demons are also fully subject to Him - which is why Yeshua, and His followers today, have the authority to cast them out. They must have been allowed to exist by YHWH in order to further His purposes, through testing and refining His church. They can only operate where He allows them to. This does not in any way make evil acceptable, quite the opposite, evil is exactly what we are not to do, and exists to test us, which should encourage us even more to choose to do what is good.

very interesting!

Just so people know, the pre-eminent work of Rabbinical Judaism, the Talmud discusses demons. Tractate Berachot warns that they like to hang out in ruins or old buildings, forests, etc. so such places should be avoided when alone. They like to pick on people when they are alone but they are cowardly and don't like to attack if there are 2 or more people together, etc. Babies should not be left in a room alone, etc.
There is a tradition of leaving a miniature book of psalms in Hebrew under an infant's pillow while he sleeps. These are like $2 in Israel these miniature psalms.
The source of demons as described in Talmud I won't elaborate here, but it's entirely man's doing.
I'm not claiming the talmudic claims are accurate, only interesting and demonstrates that the Rabbis would have no reason to censor literature from the canon simply due to demon talk. It seems there are authorship questions about what we think is the book of Enoch, if it's the real book of Enoch that is or not.
still fascinating post. I didn't know about the influence from this work on Peter

Have you ever done a word study on that Hebrew word most often translated "evil"? Because God does not have to be dark, evil, or angry to chastise His children. What a word denotes can be different from the connotations that we attach to it. What God has created are hard times that motivate His children to repent. This is why "The way of the transgressor is hard" and if you are not chastised you are not a son.
The evil He creates is the consequences of our own choices to sin, or rebel against the truth.

People can have different ideas then God does of what is Holy. Learning about how the world views polygyny, in contrast to how God views polygyny should have taught us all that.

Even this reply was written with many interruptions. I hope it is not too hard to follow.[/QUOTE
Good points.
Time is a perspective thing, we are already seated with him outside this created timeline, but for now, we are living characters inside a script that is playing out like a movie. Since we don't have a copy or itinerary of names in the book of life, we have to make our calling and election sure and not feel entittled.
Lucifer is a created being with a purpose, quality control, the tempter or tester.. How can we choose if we don't have anything to choose from?
Basic engineering principle, you provide a harsh test enviroment to make sure a creation is trully good. We are supposed to be tested and have free will in this creation plane.

In His case the creation has to choose His ways and be a reflection of the perfect hearted creator. He says He is the refiner of silver (we are the precious metal he is refining) and we are under fire untill he can see his own reflection.
Our creator is brilliant...
Man made religion killed christ because people project their hearts into it, our hearts are flawed and wicked.

If you have ever had a demon, and had it cast out of you, then you will know that demons are a very real thing, and are very much a separate entity. Same thing if you've ever been attacked by one that is not inside of you but is trying it's hardest to torture you. I have experienced both these things. They are very, very real.
In my mind, trying to say that demons don't exist is going down a dangerous path and only giving them all the encouragement they need.
They
@Joleneakamama, by only quoting Old Testament references in your first post you do bias the issue severely, ignoring not only the New Testament verses as mentioned by Slumberfreeze, but also ignoring those Old Testament-period books that were rejected by rabbinical Judaism and are thus not in our current canon. Those books that have a stronger focus on demonology, Enoch and Tobit, have been removed. Enoch explains what demons are and where they originated (the disembodied spirits of the nephilim killed in the flood) - note that multiple copies of Enoch have been found at Qumran, they evidently considered it an important text to preserve, and the Ethiopian church considered this book canonical. Most importantly, Enoch is extensively cited in Jude, and is where the judgement of the angels recorded in 2 Peter 2:4 comes from (this is not recorded in Genesis). Tobit describes active demonic oppression in the pre-Christian period, as well as casting out of demons, quite similar to that described in the Gospels and Acts. Because the references in the current OT are patchy we must consider all relevant sources (ie both NT and apocryphal, provided they do not contradict the accepted texts) in order to build a full understanding of this issue, to ensure we are drawing on the expertise of as many scholars as possible and not just building our own mistaken conclusions on limited information.

Remember that if demons do exist, they'd want you to believe they didn't, so you wouldn't even think to stand in opposition to them...

I do not claim to have perfect knowledge, I never will. I believe the spiritual world is far more complex than we can ever fully comprehend. However, based on Genesis, Jude, 2 Peter and Enoch, it is clear that angels exist, some chose to rebel and produce angel/human hybrid offspring called nephilim, the flood killed the nephilim, and the angels were bound in prison awaiting final judgement. According to the Gospels, Acts and Tobit it is clear that demons exist, and that they are similar to but possibly slightly distinct from evil spirits (Tobit 6:7). They can affect and even speak through people, and they fear judgement - they have personality (e.g. Luke 8:30-33).

However I do agree with you that everything ultimately originates from YHWH, and that this therefore includes evil also, in some way. The demons are also fully subject to Him - which is why Yeshua, and His followers today, have the authority to cast them out. They must have been allowed to exist by YHWH in order to further His purposes, through testing and refining His church. They can only operate where He allows them to. This does not in any way make evil acceptable, quite the opposite, evil is exactly what we are not to do, and exists to test us, which should encourage us even more to choose to do what is good.

Yes Demons are like parasite spirits and I have seen some strange things, especially when we were little.
The best parasite is one you think doesn't exist. When you can detect them, you usually will try to remove them.
Today evil spirits are still real and can be in bodies too, wearing suits and heading church and state corpses.
We need supernatural protection that only comes from our creator to stay clean.

Good points.
Time is a perspective thing, we are already seated with him outside this created timeline, but for now, we are living characters inside a script that is playing out like a movie. Since we don't have a copy or itinerary of names in the book of life, we have to make our calling and election sure and not feel entittled.
Lucifer is a created being with a purpose, quality control, the tempter or tester.. How can we choose if we don't have anything to choose from?
Basic engineering principle, you provide a harsh test enviroment to make sure a creation is trully good. We are supposed to be tested and have free will in this creation plane. ( Don't tell that to many churches or they will bite you...
They will tell you about being evacuated or zapped to an all you can eat free easy supper instead of being tested and refined. That sells memberships.. )

In our creator's case, the creation has to choose His ways and be a reflection of the perfect hearted creator. He says He is the refiner of silver (we are the precious metal he is refining) and we are under fire untill he can see his own reflection.
Our creator is brilliant...
Man made religion killed christ because people project their hearts into it, our hearts are flawed and wicked, stubborn and prideful. We heap to ourselves teachers having eatching ears, to tell us what we want to hear. That feels good to natural man kind.
The more we reflect our creator, the more we adapt to His ways and put our old nature down. Is a sprit / heart thing, not skin deep.
The new covenant reveals it and many in varying degrees, people shy away from it because is not tangible, not the traditions that make them "feel" comfortable.

What happens if a child stays in the placenta after he is born?
If there was no need for the new covenant, why did we need Christ?

Circumsition is of the heart, not just a skin deep, ritualistic \ mechanical rehersal brand or external symbol.
Christ represents and is truth, the tester is also an intelligence (created) and represents lack of truth and deception. Evil is not random but an entity, errors are not random to our creator. To us they are because we don't see from His perspective as finite beings. We are like 2 dimensional characters in a film in this perspective.
Plural families are hated by the enemy because they can better reflect Christ's relationship with us. He is our husband that loves us, teaches / leads and died or put his life down for us.
We are supposed to lay down self and that is not easy as natural beings. We constantly have to choose that from our own heart, not cohersed by others. Cohersed choices are skin deep and won't last.

We are many bride parts of a body who love / honor him and are faithful to him.
We are supposed to love and support each other, not be envious, jealous of each other.
Hope someone can elaborate more on that on another thread maybe?

Last edited:
When we think God is double minded, there is an error in our perspective.
Remember in the spiritual, error is not random but sent from God to those who don't love the truth. This way the unjust is reserved for judgment. Eze 14 made an impression on me. We need to be dilligent about seeking His truth even if it doesn't always feel comfortable. Truth severs relationships that are not grounded in truth. Hence a reason many found themselves out of typical tradition based religious congregations.

He created the tester for a purpose. One example is God's interaction with satan in Job. Amos 3: 6 has another example.
Evil has a job to do, like a fire to test and tempt. Even forestry people understand fire has a purpose.
God continually abiding in our heart is like having a sort of metal house or cladding against many types of fires.
The tester is a created entity, hence why some people can conjure up his minions \ powers with mechanical ritualistic actions.
Remember the witch on Endor on Samuel 28? Her physical ritual did work calling Samuel but, we are not supposed to do that or go there. Bad results for Saul..
He's a type of old covenant Israel that did not seek by faith. New covenant Israel is made of faith and spirit, David is a type of new covenant. We, as new covenant Israel still make mistakes as we refine or grow enduring tribulations or fires, but are after God's own heart.
He lived by faith and exercised compassion even when his son wanted to destroy him.

Last edited:
Back