• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

For those with many children or who want many children

Mrs.HisPossession

Female
For those with many children or who want many children....

I trust Yah to give me what He believes is best for us. I just wonder sometimes, how much 'trying' should you attempt? Is that as bad as 'not' trying if you're trusting Him to decide? When I read about Rachel and Leah it seems they put alot of effort into getting preggers. So, my question is how much input do you ladies put in as far as tracking cycles, ovulation kits, dietary, timing intercourse, ect? Right now, havent done any of that, but because I want a large family, I'm wondering about it...

Each of our children represents a lot of "practice." We have never used birth control, but we have also never worried about tracking cycles or trying to conceive. We do feel blessed by our children and are happy to have each one. We have had many pregnancies that didn't result in family additions, so persistence pays off too, or being willing to try again even after a loss.

Maintaining a right relationship in marriage is good.....and being at peace. Stress is not conducive to family.

Ok, thanks ladies. Thats pretty much the approach I've been taking bc it does seem stressful to 'try'. I enjoy love just being natural and unplanned. I just noticed many of you on here are truely blessed by having a fruitful womb and I just had to ask if you are helping the process along at all.... lol.:)

We did not have to help the process along. I like to say that Samuel only had to look at me and I got pregnant lol! We are very blessed that we didn't have any problems, especially since when we started our married life I had been on birth control and it had stuffed up my body. We thought we'd have a difficult time getting pregnant at all as I hardly ever ovulated and my body was a mess. God sorted it all out :).

It took us almost 9 years before we conceived and that was a surprise, and then I have been pregnant every 6 months after I had a baby, I would find I conceives again! Completely not planned, but after not being able to get pregnant for so long, I was ok with it, but not this time....I was needing to wait at least a year. So now I’m struggling with emotions on it. But I know kids are a blessing...it’s jut hard when you already have several littles and they are all so close in age. But definitely don’t stress, have fun, focus on being the best you, and the best relationship with your hubby.

For The Lord yearns to give us the desire of our hearts! In my humble opinion, striving for anything on our own is contrary to Gods will for us. He gives His children good things, the very desires He placed on our hearts because it aligns with His glory. Think of Hannah, who wept before the Lord and begged for children. It’s not stated that she planned out how she would get pregnant, she prayed and obeyed her husband, and The Lord blessed her! Don’t stress and strive, but let our Father bless you richly, that you may know it was by His hand all things are given! Amen.

For those with many children or who want many children....

I trust Yah to give me what He believes is best for us. I just wonder sometimes, how much 'trying' should you attempt? Is that as bad as 'not' trying if you're trusting Him to decide? When I read about Rachel and Leah it seems they put alot of effort into getting preggers. So, my question is how much input do you ladies put in as far as tracking cycles, ovulation kits, dietary, timing intercourse, ect? Right now, havent done any of that, but because I want a large family, I'm wondering about it...

Hi Mrs. Starr,

We're all different. That's the first thing to accept.

But as a mother of eight who has been blessed never to have to 'try' I'd say just start by having fun! Be the sexiest woman you can be for your husband! After my first pregnancy (twins!) I realized that I could enjoy sex and that I could be enjoyable to my husband. I know! That's crazy! Ha!
When I'm broody I often sleep with just a nightie or just a smile so he can do his thing when he wants to. He loves it and there's a special feeling of waking up in the night and he's cuddled up to me and busy. I guess my advice is to just enjoy it and be available for your husband and the rest will happen in God's time!

I know I wrote this a while ago and never responded... I have to be honest and say it was because it was too painful at the time so I left it alone.
Thank you all for your advice. One part I left out of my post is that years ago I was told by a doctor that I was barren. Praise YHWH that He was more powerful than my barrenness and blessed us with a baby girl who is now 3 ( she started off as a twin, but one didn't make it). Since that time, I've become pregnant 2 times but both ended in miscarriage. However, the fact that I even became pregnant again was a thrill for us. We now know the Father isn't done with building our family and that it looks like there are more to come in the future Yah willing.

We do have lots of "fun" in the bedroom, and I guess that was the part that's painful. For lots of women, lots of fun means many pregnancies but for years that was not the case for us and it was hard but I tried not to focus on it. Thankfully now, I have hope because I am getting pregnant, now we just will wait for the Father to let it go full term, but I believe I do have 3 babies in heaven- and that brings me joy that maybe one day I will get to meet them.

You all are so blessed and I can't wait to one day have lots of children if it's the Father's plan for us but even just the 1 miracle baby we have now is such a blessing...
anyways... I am rambling but wanted to update since I just abandoned my own post. Thank you ladies for your help and encouragement.

Back